Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziggie216

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
The new phone feature is great for iOS8 but once awhile I find that my iPad would not stop ringing even after I had answer the call on my iPhone. Same thing for Yosemite once awhile.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
I've noticed that after reporting bugs it takes one beta version for them to fix it, well at least for my reported bugs.

I have reported Calendar.app's delete button bug on iPad, IIRC Beta 2, and just recently, after Beta 4 was released, they've emailed me, telling that they've fixed it.

sapbasis

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
I stopped this on my iPad and MacBook air by disabling "iPhone Cellular Calls" under FaceTime settings. Since turning that off in Beta 3 I've had no more calls go to either device.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I just got a call on my iPhone and my iPad started ringing too. As soon as I answered the call on my iPhone, the iPad stopped ringing. Worked pretty well.

PaulNY

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
The new phone feature is great for iOS8 but once awhile I find that my iPad would not stop ringing even after I had answer the call on my iPhone. Same thing for Yosemite once awhile.

This just happened to me this morning. Got a phone call on my iPhone while I was at work, and I got a call from home that my iPad would not stop ringing. Turned off the iPad until I could get home to look a it.

Hopefully they fixed this with B5, we'll find out I guess.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
This just happened to me this morning. Got a phone call on my iPhone while I was at work, and I got a call from home that my iPad would not stop ringing. Turned off the iPad until I could get home to look a it.

Hopefully they fixed this with B5, we'll find out I guess.

This is strange as I believe both devices have to be on the same wifi network for this feature to work?

bmclaurin

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry to unearth an old thread, but I'm experiencing this on iOS 8.3. I would prefer to not have to disable the FaceTime cellular calls feature under Settings->FaceTime>iPhone Cellular Calls. But it's maddening when I take a phone call on my iPhone, and my iPad keeps ringing incessantly. Oftentimes, my iPad is in my briefcase, and I have to dig it out of there to shut it up. It will keep ringing practically forever without manual intervention. Is there a fix or workaround for this (short of disabling FaceTime Cellular Calls altogether)?

EDIT: My rMB (on OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite) suffers from the same annoyance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.