Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Seeing as it is just over a month until the note 4 is announced thought would get this thread started now.

Here are the rumoured specs

■Display size: 5.7-inches, Super AMOLED
■Display density: 2560 x 1440 pixels ~ 534PPI
■Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.5GHz
■RAM: 3GB
■Internal Storage: 32, 64GB + microSD card slot for 128GB more
■Camera (back): 16-megapixels, 1080p @ 60fps, 2160 @ 30fps
■Camera (front): 2-megapixels, 1080p @ 30fps

Reactions: Billy95Tech

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I'm looking out for this. I'll see if I want to upgrade from my S5.

Specs look pretty decent but apart from the screen nothing stands out compared to the S5.

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Definitely psyched for this phone. Will replace my Note 3 with it. No matter how many phones I have the S-Pen is just an indispensable tool so I will always have a note phone in my lineup.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Definitely psyched for this phone. Will replace my Note 3 with it. No matter how many phones I have the S-Pen is just an indispensable tool so I will always have a note phone in my lineup.

This.

They need to make it bigger also!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
After three experiments with 5+" devices in the past 12 months I've decided as lovely as the Note 4 will be, 5" is about the tops for me.

Though I do thoroughly expect my impulse control to be tested to the max ....

Reactions: Billy95Tech

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
After three experiments with 5+" devices in the past 12 months I've decided as lovely as the Note 4 will be, 5" is about the tops for me.

Though I do thoroughly expect my impulse control to be tested to the max ....

You will buy it, I know you will :D

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008

I am with you. The Note 3 was my first phone in the Note line and while I loved it for the video playback and internet perusing, a daily driver it was just too much at times.

I realized 5inches will be my max going forward most likely.

I am curious to see if the design has changed though as rumors about a metal/aluminum construction has been thrown around.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I am with you. The Note 3 was my first phone in the Note line and while I loved it for the video playback and internet perusing, a daily driver it was just too much at times.

I realized 5inches will be my max going forward most likely.

I am curious to see if the design has changed though as rumors about a metal/aluminum construction has been thrown around.

5.5" isn't too big when it as sleek as the LG G3. :)

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I'll be first in line. With the new version of OneNote recognizing handwriting and searchable handwriting nothing stacks up against it in terms of productive note taking.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
After 10 months with my Note 3, it's still going strong. That said, the Note 4 will be even better. But, I just bought a new car, so no tech upgrades for awhile.

This is me.

For someone that really likes to test out the latest, this could be very limiting. Most of the new phones have 5+". Good Luck;)

I'll be first in line. With the new version of OneNote recognizing handwriting and searchable handwriting nothing stacks up against it in terms of productive note taking.

For the s pen, another good point. Yeah, this is great for note taking.:)

Last edited:

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Looking forward to testing it.
It will be Note 4 vs LG G3 vs iP6 5.5" for me

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Hate AMOLED displays.

Hate TouchWiz.

Hate Samsung build quality.

Hate Samsung using still a hardware home button instead of on screen buttons.

Yet still I might buy the Note 4. Why? Simple: I just don't see anything else out there that's really appealing to me.

It's either a Moto X+1 or a Note 4 right now. At least the Note 4 will have a great camera and very good battery life.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Hate AMOLED displays.

Hate TouchWiz.

Hate Samsung build quality.

Hate Samsung using still a hardware home button instead of on screen buttons.

Yet still I might buy the Note 4. Why? Simple: I just don't see anything else out there that's really appealing to me.

It's either a Moto X+1 or a Note 4 right now. At least the Note 4 will have a great camera and very good battery life.

Nexus 6 phablet is coming in Oct / Nov. Built by Motorola.

Only way of get the Note 4, it has to be rootable out if the box with custom recovery ROM's in development shortly after. But no ***** way could I use a stock Samsung Galaxy phone, these phones need Root badly.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
A 5.7" screen seems way too big. Will have to wait and see it in person.

Go to the store, and check out the current Note 3, which also has a 5.7" screen. I think the Note 4 having the exact same size screen, should be pretty much the same overall size, just thinner, and maybe less bezels and lighter.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Nexus 6 phablet is coming in Oct / Nov. Built by Motorola.

Only way of get the Note 4, it has to be rootable out if the box with custom recovery ROM's in development shortly after. But no ***** way could I use a stock Samsung Galaxy phone, these phones need Root badly.

Nexus 6 would be my top choice, but it's still too far away.

I'm in (almost) desperate need to get rid of my old SGS3 and upgrade to something better. Even the Note 4 would be a long long wait for me.

I've been stuck with this SGS3 for 2 years and it's so slow right now...

That's why if Motorola announces the X+1 this month I'm getting it. If not then the Note 4 would be the alternative, since it's gonna be announce and released next month.

I would prefer no QHD display, but as long as performance and battery life don't suffer then I wouldn't care too much.

Waiting for the Nexus 6 is too much, and I would have to buy that online since where I live the 32GB model isn't available in stores and I can't live with 16GB only.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Trust me it isn't. You get used to it.

You really do get used to as others have mentioned. It doesnt seem too big except for the first week or 2 of using.

With that being said though, for me after a while I felt it being a little more of a pain to carry around versus the pros outweighing the cons.

It seems like 5inches is the sweet spot for everyday use as using this on the go and within suit pockets and pants for me was a huge dissatisfier.

The screen and speed of the thing cannot be beat though on any device IMO.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
For me is gonna the Note 4 or the 5.5 iphone (if it really happens this year) for my next phone :)

Really miss that big screen.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
The Samsung unpacked event seems to be scheduled for September 3rd. Just one month away!

I also hope it's not waterproof (because I hate having USB covers. It's annoying).

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
It's amazing how far the Note has come since the "phablet" days of ridicule it faced on launch.

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
It's amazing how far the Note has come since the "phablet" days of ridicule it faced on launch.
Yeap, I remember those days. People use to make phone of me having i.e. Saying iPhone size was the best. Low and behold years later they all sporting at least 5" phones. The irony of it all. Good guy I am rub it in every chance I get.

I'm currently using the G3 and will hand me down it to my dad once the Note 4 comes out. Hopefully it doesn't look like the leaked Alpha which I think looks like an iPhone but bigger.

I'm really interested in seeing what the new LG Health is. I hope it takes down your step automatically without having to start it like LG Health app is. Of course, there are other features I'm interested in too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.