Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple.snapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Just curious if anyone knows how, or if, AppleTV will be a part of the SEC Network launch on the 14th. I haven't been able to find any ATV specific knowledge in my research.

I would imagine it would be a separate app, like ACC, but they could also stick it with ESPN/2/U/News in the WatchESPN app. Personally, I hope to get a separate app so we do not have to go through the sub menus on WatchESPN.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I'm pretty sure that I read on a sports news website somewhere recently that SEC Network along with Longhorn Network would both be added to the WatchESPN app for this upcoming season. ESPN tends to like to keep everything under one umbrella. I guess we shall see soon enough anyway as we're only about 10 days away from the launch date.

machpost

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm pretty sure that I read on a sports news website somewhere recently that SEC Network along with Longhorn Network would both be added to the WatchESPN app for this upcoming season. ESPN tends to like to keep everything under one umbrella. I guess we shall see soon enough anyway as we're only about 10 days away from the launch date.

I've read the same thing about the SEC Network. The content should be integrated into the preexisting WatchESPN app. Hadn't heard that about the Longhorn Network, but that's good news, too.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
According to ESPN, the SEC Network and Longhorn Network were both added to WatchESPN this morning. I know it's showing up on the iOS app after an update this morning, so I assume the same is true for the Apple TV as well.

EDIT: SEC Network doesn't launch until 6pm EDT today so it won't show up until then.

Last edited:

weaverra

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
According to ESPN, the SEC Network and Longhorn Network were both added to WatchESPN this morning. I know it's showing up on the iOS app after an update this morning, so I assume the same is true for the Apple TV as well.

EDIT: SEC Network doesn't launch until 6pm EDT today so it won't show up until then.

Apparently Directv subscribers will not have access as of yet.

rwmidl

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
SECNetwork hasn't shown up yet on the WatchESPN app for me. I'm hoping it will get updated before the start of college football season.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.