Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-nickx-

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Hi Guys,

As stated:

Today's Developer Preview is limited to registered developers, but last week, Apple made a version of OS X Yosemite available to the public as part of a wide-ranging beta test. The pre-release version of Yosemite available to those participating in the public beta program is not expected to receive as many updates as the developer version.

Anyone already tried to install it over a Beta Preview? I'm wondering if that's possible. I'm a developer myself but installed OS X 10.10 (14A299l) as it was newer.

Thank you for your comment, looking forward to all positive new changes.

--->>>>>

GOOD NEWS!

Installing this update over the consumer beta preview is working great!

For everyone who isn't a developer you can just update.

System Version: OS X 10.10 (14A314h)
Kernel Version: Darwin 14.0.0

Last edited:

-nickx-

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Santa Fe, New Mexico
GOOD NEWS!

Installing this update over the consumer beta preview is working great!

For everyone who isn't a developer you can just update.

System Version: OS X 10.10 (14A314h)
Kernel Version: Darwin 14.0.0

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Kinda wondering though what will happen with the next update after manually installing DP5 over the Public Beta and whether it will screw up the updating mechanism.

besler3035

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Kinda wondering though what will happen with the next update after manually installing DP5 over the Public Beta and whether it will screw up the updating mechanism.

My assumption would be that you'd just get the DP updates from there on out, because the App Store should recognize you're on the DP and not PB...

The19th

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
NorCal
Does the Feedback Assistant still work, and submitting feedback still works (using your PB login)?

Works fine here. Feedback Assistant still exists. Accessible from any Help menu. Logged in with PB login.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 12.46.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 12.46.44 PM.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 129

besler3035

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Anyone who used this install method having trouble with the sound working out of their laptop? I changed it to internal speakers, etc. but no luck. Shows as being on too; that's the weird thing.

EDIT: Ignore that...looks like the notification that you're changing the volume no longer works. Sound still works though otherwise.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Anyone who used this install method having trouble with the sound working out of their laptop? I changed it to internal speakers, etc. but no luck. Shows as being on too; that's the weird thing.

EDIT: Ignore that...looks like the notification that you're changing the volume no longer works. Sound still works though otherwise.
Other then that, is the Wifi speed increased? I hope it doesn't disconnect like the PB did. Do you also think this will mess up the updating system from knowing whether we're on PB or DP?

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I updated with the file from this thread over the PB1. I mentioned the Temp raises to 52-56 degrees (before it was max 30-32). The Feedback assistance is still there (on dock)

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
I updated with the file from this thread over the PB1. I mentioned the Temp raises to 52-56 degrees (before it was max 30-32). The Feedback assistance is still there (on dock)
I don't want the temperature to increase. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.