Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Welcome to this week's photo contest thread!

Theme: Mobile Photography

Ok, hear me out...I've been wanting to do this for awhile. The rules are simple. The subject matter is wide open (anything you want). The image has to be captured and edited on a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc...). A computer can be used to change the file size and upload but no image editing. I will perform my sworn judicial duty based on the creativity and "artistic" qualities of the image alone and not on "pixel peeping" IQ standards. I'm not looking for snapshots and any post processing app that works on your device is fair game. Perhaps in your post you can tell us what you used to create your image.

I'd like to try this because for me it's been a great exercise to attempt to produce images that I am proud of using only my iphone. It's made me think differently about some things and I'd like to see what everyone else can do. From previous posts I know there is a large group out there that takes mobile photography seriously so hopefully this won't turn anyone off from participating.

Rules:

1. Please submit only one photo per contest.

2. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

3. The contest runs until 08:00 GMT 5th August 2014.

4. At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

5. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

*To see all of our past contests please see the sticky thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/580184/*

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Great idea!! I thought we had a thread dedicated to posting mobile images, but I couldn't seem to find it the other day.

Edit: added my entry.

Attachments

• 2014-08-09 04.29.33 1.jpg
    2014-08-09 04.29.33 1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:

themumu

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2011
Sunnyvale

Water Lily by FriskyFreeze, on Flickr

This was shot on an iPhone 5 with a Lifeproof case, then cropped and mildly edited in Snapseed (I really got to find me a new editing app). I've been thinking of doing something like this for a while, and it's definitely hard with a small lens to position it so the water line is in the middle. I actually have a larger, more "proper" underwater camera, but the bugger is so heavy, it rarely leaves home, at least not for the short weekend outing like this was.

Last edited:

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
Weekly Photo Contest: 4 August to 10 August (Mobile Photography)

asa4y3a6.jpg

Along the trail headed towards Anna Ruby Falls in North Georgia. Taken with my iPhone 5 with no processing.

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Am I too late?

Swans on the Thames at Gravesend on a moody Sunday morning.

Samsung Galaxy Mega 8mp

yve9e9u4.jpg

Cheers :)

Hugh

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
going undercover with an iphone 4

Photography was strictly prohibited within the walls of Taipei's National Palace Museum.
Hall guards stationed between halls enforced this to the letter, mobiles included.

couldn't resist the rush of a few stealthy ones. shot framings were guesstimated, as I had the iphone flat on my chest

here's one of them, no edit

Taipei National Palace Museum (stealth photo) by needfx, on Flickr

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.