Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I am on DP5 and the mouse and keyboard are unreponsive sometimes after the unit falls asleep for an extended period of time. Has anyone else had this problem?

Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2013

Reactions: tjshm

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I am on DP5 and the mouse and keyboard are unreponsive sometimes after the unit falls asleep for an extended period of time. Has anyone else had this problem?

Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2013

I've had this issue with DP5 using Apple's BT Keyboard and MagicTrackPad. Not all the time but it has happened intermittently. Also, keyboard keys sticking sometimes as well which never happened with Mavericks.

fenderbass146

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Northwest Indiana
I may have narrowed it down to having the problem while using Word. Of course I use Word a LOT. So this is a major issue.

I have word but haven't used it in a long time. I don't think that is the culprit. This is getting so annoying. I know it's a beta, but its the 5th DP. Kinda ridiculous. Other then that I haven't had any problems.

Hashi

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
I have these problems as well. But I dont have word installed.

Also on macbook pro 13" retina from 2013

lexR

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2013
UK
same problem here on a cMP 5.1 running PB1 using wired keyboard an mouse totally locks me out.

Cythth

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2013
Lake Jackson, TX
I have the same issue with the keyboard and trackpad. I've entered a bug report. Fortunately, I have a wired gaming mouse that allows me to toggle Bluetooth off then on... that seems to fix the issue every time it happens. I don't have to reboot.

sorrow666draku

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2014
same issue here... on my late 2013 Macbook Pro retina after updating on DP5 from DP4: trackpad and keyboard doesn't work after i open the case from sleep (more than 1-2 hours) and to work I have to reboot holding a few seconds the power button. It's very annoying, now I have to shut down my mac every time I want to not use it more than 1-2 hours. Feels like a windows laptop :(

I didn't had problems before - DP3, DP4.... and I use Yosemite as primary OS since DP3.

Any ideas how to fix that? Or should we wait for DP6 the very next Tuesday?

ngoryainov

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2014
I said the same thing in other thread, but still. The issue with dying internal trackpads and keyboards may be somehow connected to the caps lock button. Mash it like there is no tomorrow to see if your mac is affected.

sirenum

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2009
Exactly the same on my Late 2013 MacBook Pro 13". After an extended sleep period the only thing that seems to still work is the power button. Also I see these in my console (not sure if related to the issue though):

Code:
11.08.14 17:45:01.000 kernel[0]: USBF:    1785.295    AppleUSBXHCI: setPowerState - PCI device is in the wrong Power State. PMCSR is 0x000b

Voenix Rising

macrumors member
May 1, 2013
I'm on the Public Beta and have the same/similar problem. In addition to the mouse (bluetooth, Magic Mouse) not connecting after waking up, it also spontaneously drops connection if just left idle for a period of time. It's also simply disconnected while being used. The only way to force it to reconnect after this happens is to reboot the whole machine.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I've had that once or twice. Annoying but my rMBP restarts in like 15-20 seconds so it doesn't bother me that much... but if I had unsaved files I would be pissed.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Not sure if anyone else has the same experience, but it seems to me that this happens when I put the Mac to sleep, and wake it in a location without wi-fi.

Voenix Rising

macrumors member
May 1, 2013
Don't know if this had a direct effect on it or not, but I ran a permissions repair last night on the disk and it found a few that were off; nothing mouse-related but after the repair the mouse has been behaving itself.

Of course now that I've written that it will probably crap out on me...

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Same thing happening here.

Macbook Pro Retina 13"

Keyboard and mouse frozen after wake each time. Have to hold power button and reboot Macbook. Extremely annoying :(

ngoryainov

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2014
Just a heads up: after updating to Public Beta 2, all my issues with Caps Lock, keyboard and touchpad were fixed. Hope I am not alone.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Just a heads up: after updating to Public Beta 2, all my issues with Caps Lock, keyboard and touchpad were fixed. Hope I am not alone.

I am still having an issue with my touchpad freezing, unfortunately. I can move it around but cannot click anything - the only reason I realised that my computer was still responsive was by tabbing and being able to hit 'enter' to restart. Once I did the problem was solved but it's a bit annoying. It's happened twice in the last few days.

WaltCD

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Keyboard and Trackpad Unresponsive after Yosemite Beta intall

I've installed the Yosemite Beta over my Mavericks install. After which, when the computer boots up, my cursor appears in the top left corner, but I can not move it, neither with the Trackpad or even a USB mouse. The keyboard also is unresponsive except that I can hold the power button in to get the system shutdown prompt (although I can't respond to it) or hold the power button down until the system shuts off.

Booting up into Mavericks via my external drive back up, or into Recovery mode, allows both keyboard and trackpad to work normally.

Walt D in LV

par42

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Still there in GA Code

Loaded the release code over the weekend on to my late 2011 13" Macbook Pro and the bluetooth mouse does not reconnect after sleep....

Works fine on the same machine under Maverick.

steve123

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2007
This problem has not gone away with the release of Yosemite. Today after waking my rMBP from sleep, magic mouse and keyboard were not responsive. Internal trackpad and keyboard worked fine. Note, after I woke the computer using the attached keyboard and trackpad, about 1 minute later the magic mouse and keyboard connected.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.