Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MimiMONSTER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Burbank, CA
Has anyone encountered this before... while searching the internet all I could find were troubleshooting for programs you have to pay for...

I created the drop down menu in Fireworks MX and exported it into Dreamweaver MX...

It works great in Mac Safari, Mac Netscape, and PC Internet Explorer

however, the positioning is all off in Mac Internet Explorer.

Does anyone know what I should do?

http://hardpresseditions.com/changes/mainpagemenu.html

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Mac IE has been discontinued. Put up a message to that affect recomending Safari or Firefox for Mac. Even MSN does this now.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Sorry, but..

I don't mean to be rude...but who the hell cares? Mac IE is discontinued and has not been updated for years. If people are STILL using it as their main browser, they deserve not to be able to see new web pages correctly.

MimiMONSTER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Burbank, CA
appleretailguy said:
I don't mean to be rude...but who the hell cares? Mac IE is discontinued and has not been updated for years. If people are STILL using it as their main browser, they deserve not to be able to see new web pages correctly.

but the thing is people do still have it... and that isn't good when building a sales site..

plus the lady who wants this done has a crappy old mac...
and so I gotta have it look good on what she sees...

(thanks for all of your input! btw)

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
DITTO.

Even Microsoft has dropped IE for mac, so honestly, comparing IE for Mac to IE 6 is not a fair comparison.

If Mac IE is your only problem than you are safe to ignore it.

MimiMONSTER

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Burbank, CA
I see what you all are saying... and if it would have taken me any longer fiddling with it... I would have just given up... but I found a way to bypass it...

So incase someone wants to know...

I went into fireworks and I started over and created a bunch of navigator buttons and then made 2 single submenus (pop-up menus) for the 2 that needed it... and then exported it into Dreamweaver...

it then worked...

Now my only problem with Mac IE is that it is making one table expand all stupid... but I am going to bow down to you all and say, "You are right!" If people are still using MAC IE then they are living in the dark ages and can deal with the stupid yellow box that is all off...

Thanks all for your help!

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
MimiMONSTER said:
plus the lady who wants this done has a crappy old mac...

tell her that IE will break her computer and point her toward wamcom. i feel your pain though, i've had to dumb-down several websites just because the client has no idea how to use the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.