Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1k9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
I have a new mid 2014 MacBook Pro 15, it not even a week old. A few times it wouldn't power on from sleep, nothing was working. The only was so far to get it back on is to hold the power button for 10 sec and then press the bower button on again. This is my first Mac, what's wrong with this thing?
Not real happy spending $2500 to have a new laptop not come on correctly.

Any thoughts, I've read tons of posts from a year or more ago with people having this same type of problem, is there a fix? Or should I just return it?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I have a new mid 2014 MacBook Pro 15, it not even a week old. A few times it wouldn't power on from sleep, nothing was working. The only was so far to get it back on is to hold the power button for 10 sec and then press the bower button on again. This is my first Mac, what's wrong with this thing?
Not real happy spending $2500 to have a new laptop not come on correctly.

Any thoughts, I've read tons of posts from a year or more ago with people having this same type of problem, is there a fix? Or should I just return it?

Return it within the 14-day period.

1k9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2014
If I exchange it, will the 14 days start over? Now I'm feeling a little Leary about spending $2500 on a crap shoot.

Brand new laptop having issues - I'd exchange it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.