Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded Mavericks 10.9.5 build 13F12 to developers, just over a week after seeding the first OS X 10.9.5 beta, build 13F7, and more than a month after releasing OS X 10.9.4 to the public.

10_9_5_13f12.jpg
The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Developer Center.

It is unclear what improvements the 10.9.5 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. Apple is asking developers to focus on USB, USB Smart Cards, Graphics, Safari, and Thunderbolt.

Along with working on improvements to Mavericks, Apple is also beta testing OS X Yosemite, which is due to be released in the fall. The last Mavericks update, 10.9.4, added several Wi-Fi fixes and improved wake from sleep reliability.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 Build 13F12 to Developers

iDemiurge

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2011
Portugal
Mavericks has been running really well on my MBA as well. First thing I'll look for when yosemite comes out of beta is if there is any change in battery life. If it is for the worse I'll stay right where I am.

I also think it is unlikely that there will be any final update to Mavericks after Yosemite is released, since the systems supported are the same for both.

wingmanmac

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
norway
Mavericks

Mavericks has been very stable for me after i did a clean install, but features such as tabs and tags is useless for me. I wish i got back the more visual labels and i wish doubleclicking actually open a new window, not just sending me into the next folder in the same window. Those new userfeatures since snow leopard hasnt changed much the way i work (music productions), but i like the new GUI in yosemite.

I guess its too much to hope that the .5 will make the OS remember the view settings when we toggle back and forth in this one window apple wants us to use.

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
Kind of hard to get excited about Mavericks updates when Yosemite is running like a champ. Mavericks looks so old now in comparison.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Kind of hard to get excited about Mavericks updates when Yosemite is running like a champ. Mavericks looks so old now in comparison.

I agree, and that's been the case ever since Apple went to 1-new-OS-per-year route.

We get a new OS every Fall (which is great!) and the last OS just got the last .5 release.

We are being spoiled :):cool:

Sy7ygy

Suspended
Nov 16, 2012
Mavericks has been god awful until 10.9.4 - consumer wise. Server & services are still buggy as hell..

Modern day computing.

Rukuru

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2010
Looking forward for Mavericks 10.9.5, I am not going to 10.10 at least for 6 months, maybe more. A lot of Pro Apps like avid media composer, pro tools, Autodesk Maya among others works always better with an OS that is not brand new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.