Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Hey everyone,

I'm about to replace my 4th gen apple router. It's connected via powerline to my Apple AC router. The AC router has a usb drive attached to it.

I have an apple household, so the drive shows up easily on all computers, no matter which router they connect to.

My question is, if I get an Asus (which is considered a really good router vs the apple AC), and I connect my laptop to it, will I still see the usb drive from the AC Router like I would if I were connecting to the 4th gen apple router?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hey everyone,

I'm about to replace my 4th gen apple router. It's connected via powerline to my Apple AC router. The AC router has a usb drive attached to it.

I have an apple household, so the drive shows up easily on all computers, no matter which router they connect to.

My question is, if I get an Asus (which is considered a really good router vs the apple AC), and I connect my laptop to it, will I still see the usb drive from the AC Router like I would if I were connecting to the 4th gen apple router?

Provided the AirPort Extreme 4th generation is totally bridged I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. Which ASUS router are you considering?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.