Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyCM

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
First, I'll admit my stupidity: I left my MacBook at a TSA check-in at the airport. I realized this on the plane, panicked, and erased the Mac using the Find my iPhone app.

The next day I contacted Lost & Found, and my Mac was secure and they were going to send it to me. One issue: I was on vacation, and I wouldn't be able to restore the Mac using Time Machine.

I looked online and saw that if I removed my Mac from iCloud/Find iPhone before booting it up it would not erase, and it indeed did not erase. All my files were still on the Mac.

The issue now is that for some reason, now back on iCloud/Find iPhone, the Mac is appearing in NYC, when I am currently in LA. I made sure Enable Location Services is on, I've rebooted. Nothing. My clock is still showing Eastern Time when I'm in California.

Anyone know of a fix?

I suppose worst case scenario is I restore from TM when I get home, but I hate not being able to figure it out before then.

Thanks,
Anthony

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.