Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Taiwanese Apple news website AppleClub (Google Translate, via 9to5Mac) shares new photos of the supposed front panel from the 4.7-inch iPhone 6, including the device's display and its insides.

iphone6_appleclub_white-800x497.jpg
The images are consistent with prior leaks of the iPhone 6's front panel, showing a larger screen, a thinner bezel, rounded edges, and a cutout for the Touch ID home button. The panel depicted also features the front-facing camera and the ambient light sensor located on the left and at the top respectively, which is similar to the design of the iPhone 4.

It is not known whether the display shown is made of sapphire, which was once rumored to come with the 4.7-inch iPhone 6. However, recent rumors have suggested that the smaller iPhone 6 will not come with a sapphire display, as rigorous scratch tests may instead hint at a more durable glass screen. Sapphire panels may come to the larger 5.5-inch iPhone 6, which is reported to feature a number of other differentiating factors including a faster processor and a camera with optical image stabilization.

iphone6_appleclub_black-800x530.jpg
Apple's next-generation iPhone will be revealed at an event on September 9, with sales likely commencing roughly a week and a half afterward. It is likely that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will launch first, as the 5.5-inch model is said to be experiencing production issues that may lead to a delayed release.

Article Link: Front Panel from 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Once Again Shown in Photos

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
I'm starting to believe the 5.5-inch will NOT happen at the same time as the 4.7-inch. :(

there has never been any proof of a 5.5" version. There was equal proof of that awesome teardrop shaped phone that people thought was what the iPhone 5 was going to be that never happened

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
I'll just wait the month or so until the phone is unveiled to pass judgement on these leaks. Also, the wording of the title of the article is odd.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I feel like a 5-inch iPhone would have been the sweet spot. 5.5 is way too clunky for a smartphone and an increase of just .7-inches isn't that great.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
How do we know this isn't from a Chinese knock off? I swear MR posted other photos that showed thinner side bezels.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
That display looks nothing like this:

0.jpg

Where are the thinner side bezels? Where is the slightly curved edges? Even the top and bottom bezels looks smaller with the display shown on YouTube. :confused:

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
WHY did they move the front camera?! It was perfect just above the earpiece because on the iPhone 4/4s the camera is off center, the 5/5s was centered and it was perfect for FaceTime. I don't really use it anyway so I guess its not important. But still why?

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
that bezel tho ... making it thinner is useless if it still has so much wasted space on the surface

Side bezels, no
Top and bottom bezels, yes

Touch ID doesn't need that much room.....hopefully they will shrink it down.

If the bezels become too thin, just holding the phone will activate the touchscreen (which isn't good imo).

The iPad mini (not sure about the air) has a software feature to ignore those accidental touches, because of the smaller side bezels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.