Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nowhereelse.fr (Google Translate) shares more photos said to be of various iPhone 6 parts, including images of the embedded rear Apple logo, external camera ring, Touch ID home button enclosure, flex cables, and more. The pictures of the embedded rear Apple logo and external camera ring also line up with photos shared last week by luxury modified iPhone vendor Feld & Volk.

iphone6_parts_1-800x400.jpg
Apple has not used an embedded logo on the iPhone since shipping the original iPhone in 2007. It was stated last week that the embedded logo may be made of an incredibly scratch-resistant metal, perhaps even a Liquidmetal alloy. Earlier this year, Apple renewed its rights to use Liquidmetal Technologies' alloy in consumer products, although no other evidence suggests that this logo or any other components are using such a material.

The external camera ring also makes an appearance once again, and may indicate that at least one iPhone 6 model may have a protruding lens. To this point, leaked design drawings, mockups, and rumors have pointed to the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 having a protruding rear lens, while reports have pointed to a flush rear camera for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6. It is possible that a protruding lens on the iPhone 6 would appear similar to the one currently on the iPod touch.

iphone6_parts_2-800x221.jpg
Other components such as the headphone jack, Lightning port connector, and Touch ID home button enclosure among others appear to be similar to those found in the iPhone 5s. Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 6 on September 9, with a launch likely coming shortly afterward. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will also possibly be released before the 5.5-inch model, as Apple is said to be experiencing issues with the larger device's display technology and battery life.

Article Link: More Photos of Embedded Rear Logo, Rear Camera Ring of iPhone 6 Surface

jji7skyline

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2011
More alleged leaks. Hard to sort out the real ones from the fake ones though. And there are a lot of fakes floating around.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Would be curious to see if the protruding camera lens or other components could possibly be for the rumored optical image stabilization, or (less likely) some type of limited optical zoom.

Either way, Improvements in the camera will always be welcome.

a.roden

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2013
Wolverhampton GB
iphone6_parts_2-800x221.jpg

Other components such as the headphone jack, Lightning port connector, and Touch ID home button enclosure among others appear to be similar to those found in the iPhone 5s.

Isn't the part on the right part of the sim eject mechanism?

EDIT:
iPhone%204S%20sim%20eject-500x500.jpg

iPhone 4/4s eject mechanism, so yes it is

Last edited:

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
The embedded logo should be the camera ring, then every photo anyone ever takes on a new iPhone will have the Apple silhouette!

I am so very kidding..

solamar

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
Already dreading that camera ring :(

Likely only on the 5.5" model.. thats the one that showed this ring in the 3D rendering leaked months ago..

It does look like the 5.5" will have the OIS, Sapphire, and more storage (64/128GB) and a few other hardware 'perks' over the 4.7"..

I have a sneaky suspicion they are going the way they have with the Mackbook line..

We used to have
- Macbook Classic (White plastic)
- Macbook Air
- Macbook Pro

I think we're going the below with $50 bump between storage versions
- iPhone Classic (4", 16/32GB) $99/$149
- iPhone Air (4.7" 32/64GB) $199/$249
- iPhone Pro(5.5" 64/128GB) $299/$349

I say the $50 bump because they just did that with the iPod Touch line a month ago..

It's lining up to look like this anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

RightMACatU

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2012
That's it! I'm done reading stupid posts on screws, logos, antennas and openings in metal casing. It's a smartphone, not an alien spaceship. :mad:

/walks out to solve real problems ;)

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
Already dreading that camera ring :(

People complained about it when the iPod touch was announced, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Then I bought one, and it turns out it's genuinely a bit annoying. I'm reminded of it every time I set it down on a flat surface.

Even the iPhone 5 had camera ring, so whats the problem??

The difference is that this one is allegedly protruding from the body of the phone.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
I'm totally fine with it on the 5.5 inch model, just another reason not to get it, but please just let the 4.7 be the flagship with a flush camera and the same internals as the other iPhone.

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
I'm somewhat glad that the logo is now embedded, a minor pet-peeve for me personally was the feel of the Apple logo on the 5 / 5s rear side... It felt like a sticker. :apple:

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
i wonder if the apple logo is gonna stay like this. looks like alot of useless extra weight around the apple.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Would be curious to see if the protruding camera lens or other components could possibly be for the rumored optical image stabilization, or (less likely) some type of limited optical zoom.

Either way, Improvements in the camera will always be welcome.

Very likely. Only on the 5.5" as well. :apple:

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
It's like people have never seen the iPod 5th generation before.

The protruding lens isn't that bad. It barely wobbles when placed on its backside and it's barely noticeable.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I'm totally fine with it on the 5.5 inch model, just another reason not to get it, but please just let the 4.7 be the flagship with a flush camera and the same internals as the other iPhone.

You can't have everything. The 4.7 will either have lower spec'd parts with no protruding lense or same spec'd parts and the extruding lense.

They are putting the extruded lense there cause it can't fit inside.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
i wonder if the apple logo is gonna stay like this. looks like alot of useless extra weight around the apple.

its an antenna, it needs a certain amount of metal for it to work the way they want it to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.