Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Nov 28, 2010
located
Wow, those people really trust someone with only one previous feedback.

But then again, as the article description so elegantly stated, it is just a line of pixels, they can easily be repaired. ;)

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Think that's bad? This guy has got $20.50 going so far for a new MBP. He isn't auctioning anything, he's COLLECTING money from bidders for to go to HIS purchase of an MBP!!!
this not an auction for a macbook pro,but a Donation to buy one
i had a 50cc scooter on auction last night intending on selling it to buy a macbook pro,but when my sister went to close the window and she noticed that it was gone,someone had stolen it between 8.00 p.m and 3.00 a.m, so that screwed me out of trying to buy a mac book pro, so if anyone can help ,thank you
i think i know who did it,but can't prove it,but the good people of ebay ,you are my last hope.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well…it's a good thing he has no ***** idea about what he has. If he ever figured out that he has the 17" model and not the 15" the asking price might end up being $1400!

Nov 28, 2010
located
If one re-lists an item, can one not modify its title? I mean, he clearly knows, it is not a 2008 model and he didn't even answer the rest of my question about the bad pixels.

But then again, such people always get through life easier than honest ones.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Sigh. If a seller can't even list the item correctly, I don't bother. These are generally people you don't want to deal with anyway because if they cannot get important details right (usually because they are careless or could care less) on an item they want to make money off of, then they won't deal honestly with you.

gavinstubbs09

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2013
NorCal boonies ~~~by Reno sorta
Hello. Today I have a 2004 Power Mac G5 dual 2.5GHz. No OS includes a HD card without the breakout cable to make it impossible to work and is utterly useless.

Asking $1,555 local pickup in France.

--

Things like this make me lose a sense of hope in the human race.

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
Classic thanks for sharing LOL There are many MANY things to look for on eBay but if you bid on this shame on YOU!But now that I think about it whoever bought it is more than likely a scammer of some sort who plans on opening a case on whoever sold it because anyone can tell (almost anyone) that the lcd is gone and it is only going to be fixed by a new lcd.Looks like they didn't pay cause its been relisted and for a hell of a deal $700 B.I.N better get it before its gone.....

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'm glad that I'm highly skeptical and wary when buying items on eBay. Have you seen these thieves actually get buyers for these items?
Yes. Happens a lot. People are suckers, especially when they don't get the difference between PowerPC and Intel.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
Once I bought a 2,7GHz DP G5 PowerMac for 70,-EUR on Ebay, it turned out to be a single 1,8GHz G5 model with the 4 instead of 8 Ram slots. All the seller first answered, when I told him this was. "OK, I didn't know that there are different ones.". No word about what to do in this case. After I asked again he answered "OK, thanks for the info, so I know next time." :confused: I found out his adress and it was a known ghetto in Berlin. I think it was not even an in-honest person, but just clueless. I found his adress apeared also in a website of a school that listed the pupils that made their degree (and it was a school focusing on preparation for a later job in the sales-/office field). (I got the money back after 1,5 month of debating and back and forth mailing and dealing with the EBay/PayPal support.)

Uih, that gives me hope to sell my PowerMac G5 again, since previous attempts were unsuccessful and I even donated it to the main floor of the building I live in and it vanished within a day and seemed to have returned again.
I shall probably get it and sell it on eBay for some ludicrous price now.
I wonder what Protool Digidesign card is in there. Some of them are still expensive, even used. Though perhaps that still doesn't get to the 1500,-.

Last edited:
Once I bought a 2,7GHz DP G5 PowerMac for 70,-EUR on Ebay, it turned out to be a single 1,8GHz G5 model with the 4 instead of 8 Ram slots. All the seller first answered, when I told him this was. "OK, I didn't know that there are different ones.". No word about what to do in this case. After I asked again he answered "OK, thanks for the info, so I know next time." :confused: I found out his adress and it was a known ghetto in Berlin. I think it was not even an in-honest person, but just clueless. I found his adress apeared also in a website of a school that listed the pupils that made their degree (and it was a school focusing on preparation for a later job in the sales-/office field). (I got the money back after 1,5 month of debating and back and forth mailing and dealing with the EBay/PayPal support.)

I could see how this could happen. When one places an item for auction on Ebay one writes a brief description, something like "PowerMac G5" and then Ebay shows you pictures of the item with more specifics which you then choose from. If you did not know what you had then there are something like 8 different PowerMac G5 models to pick from, so I could see picking the wrong one.

Still, it is the sellers responsibility to make sure they are listing the correct item.

repentix

macrumors regular
May 26, 2013

I wonder what Protool Digidesign card is in there. Some of them are still expensive, even used. Though perhaps that still doesn't get to the 1500,-.

Which part of Berlin was it in, was it Neukölln or Marzahn?

MysticCow

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2013
I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at the title. And yes, it is a train wreck of an auction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.