Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Reuters reporting it was a suicide. Sad. RIP. Thanks for the laughs.

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Very sad news. :(
Like many I expect, I grew up watching him in repeats of 'Mork & Mindy' on Channel 4, in 'Mrs. Doubtfire' and 'Aladdin'… he was wonderful in those.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
bloody hell.. that sucks. :( Absolutely hilarious guy, and was full of so much energy.

I had this coming up in my youtube playlist.. may as well post it here. Thanks for all the laughs, Robin.

BL.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
I was at Catch a Rising Star one night many, many years ago and he popped in and did a 20 minute set. Was the funniest thing I ever saw. The audience was literally in tears. Peed myself a little. :eek:

EDIT: A favorite of mine.
nsfw language.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I was at Catch a Rising Star one night many, many years ago and he popped in and did a 20 minute set. Was the funniest thing I ever saw. The audience was literally in tears. Peed myself a little. :eek:

EDIT: A favorite of mine.
nsfw language.

YouTube: video

Was just about to post that, it's one of my favorite bits.

"And you do this one time?
"**** NO, 18 ****ING TIMES!"

RIP Robin :(

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Sad to hear that he's gone. Especially that it was a suicide.
I loved him on Mork and Mindy and What Dreams May Come.
...Ohhh, and Popeye!!!

I still love how he called out Affleck and Damon, wanting to see some ID during his Oscar acceptance speech. Laughs there were warranted, especially after all the work he put into it.

BL.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Man. The list just goes on and on.

Dead Poets Society.
Mrs. Doubtfire.
Good Will Hunting.
The Fisher King.

And one of my favorites. Good Morning Vietnam.

The man was a genius.

Nov 28, 2010
located
And the internet is fast, especially IMDB.

I was just looking at Robin Wiliams' IMDB listing and saw this: Mrs. Doubtfire 2.
Three minutes ago it was still listing Robin Williams, now he is gone from that too.

Hmm, I never met him, but enjoyed many of his works and I am still surprised by his passing, more-so than any other celebrity in the past decade.

May he have found peace wherever he is now.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
It is amazing how this news is going around the world... such beloved human being!

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Wow....that really hit pretty hard. He was an amazing actor, great at stand up, and if you ever knew about his personal life, he was a genuine human being who gave a damn about people.

Huge loss.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Robin Williams' death proves that even the people most full of life can be overcome by mental illness. What a genuinely great actor capable of excelling at any role. RIP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.