Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelita

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Connecticut
I read the rules of this section pretty carefully, but I'm still not too sure if I'm allowed to ask for selling advice here, but here it goes anyway! Please tell me if I am breaking the rules though. Also I don't know if this thread is more suited for the "Buying Tips and Advice" forum or the "Apple Collectors" forum.

I'm planning on selling some of my old Macs at a tag sale because they're taking up too much space in my house (and probably ruining the structural integrity :D ). I have no idea what they're worth, and Ebay isn't much of a guide because the prices are so variable. So heres what I have in stock:

1 Bondi Blue iMac G3
1 Powermac G4 AGP
4 SE's
1 Plus
1 Performa 200
1 LC
1 LC III
2 Color Stylewriters (untested)
1 Dot matrix printer (untested, but probably broken)

The G3 and G4 are perfectly fine except for a couple of minor things. All of the older computers boot up, but I'm not sure if their floppy drives are broken or if all of my floppys actually are unreadable. I'm not too sure about the LC's either because nothing is displayed on the monitor when I boot them up, but I assume that the monitor is just broken. Also on a side note, I plan on selling these with only power cords, no mice or keyboards. Any pricing advice would be greatly appreciated :D .

Last edited:

thetechfixer

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Canada
Prices depend on what people are willing to pay. I sold an iMac G3 for $60 but then again I bought one for $5, all depends on what people are willing to pay.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
I read the rules of this section pretty carefully, but I'm still not too sure if I'm allowed to ask for selling advice here, but here it goes anyway! Please tell me if I am breaking the rules though. Also I don't know if this thread is more suited for the "Buying Tips and Advice" forum or the "Apple Collectors" forum.

I'm planning on selling some of my old Macs at a tag sale because they're taking up too much space in my house (and probably ruining the structural integrity :D ). I have no idea what they're worth, and Ebay isn't much of a guide because the prices are so variable. So heres what I have in stock:

1 Bondi Blue iMac G3
1 Powermac G4 AGP
4 SE's
1 Plus
1 Performa 200
1 LC
1 LC III
2 Color Stylewriters (untested)
1 Dot matrix printer (untested, but probably broken)

The G3 and G4 are perfectly fine except for a couple of minor things. All of the older computers boot up, but I'm not sure if their floppy drives are broken or if all of my floppys actually are unreadable. I'm not too sure about the LC's either because nothing is displayed on the monitor when I boot them up, but I assume that the monitor is just broken. Also on a side note, I plan on selling these with only power cords, no mice or keyboards. Any pricing advice would be greatly appreciated :D .

I wish I could buy a Performa or something, but if it has the monitor... sadly shipping is a hassle, am I right? How much would you sell a smaller item for, such as a Macintosh Plus?

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
That equipment is mostly useless now days, put in on eBay and see what you get.

Aelita

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Connecticut
So I should just slap them on my lawn and say "make an offer?" I got all of these machines for free so I guess anything over 1 cent is profit for me!

I wish I could buy a Performa or something, but if it has the monitor... sadly shipping is a hassle, am I right? How much would you sell a smaller item for, such as a Macintosh Plus?

Well the Performa 200 is the same exact size as the Macintosh Plus so...

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
So I should just slap them on my lawn and say "make an offer?" I got all of these machines for free so I guess anything over 1 cent is profit for me!

Well the Performa 200 is the same exact size as the Macintosh Plus so...

Not really with a monitor. Anyway, if anything is a profit for you, since they were free, I'd pay like $5 for each+shipping. I am sure what I pay for shipping will cost more than that. I'd love to build my collection up more.

Aelita

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Connecticut
Not really with a monitor. Anyway, if anything is a profit for you, since they were free, I'd pay like $5 for each+shipping. I am sure what I pay for shipping will cost more than that. I'd love to build my collection up more.

(Remember this ain't the Marketplace)...

And I mean I was kinda exaggerating about the whole "anything is profit" cuz I want more than 5 bucks for them :cool: .

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
(Remember this ain't the Marketplace)...

And I mean I was kinda exaggerating about the whole "anything is profit" cuz I want more than 5 bucks for them :cool: .

Correct any buying/selling can only be done in the Marketplace forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.