Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I connected my MBP 13" Retina to external display with 1920 by 1200 resolution.
In Display settings I chose resolution best for display. But I do not know what to choose for color profile? Which one is considered the best?

Generic RGB and HD 709-A are two profiles that look best for my eyes. But would like to hear any recommendations from you.

Thank you!

:apple::):apple:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 2.13.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 2.13.45 AM.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 3,623
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 2.16.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 2.16.56 AM.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,610

DigitalVT

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
UK
No bother, but you've posted a query about your laptop in on the Mac Pro desktop section, it's fine, but just FYI.

In display preferences you have pictured, you can select Scaled which will give you further resolution choices, for more informed options.

In general, the default colour profile is the Generic RGB, option, that should give a fair representation of the colour gamut for "most" monitors. But choose the best profile that you like or make one up and alter it to suit you. If you like something more precise, there are Calibration devices that you can plug in and tune your screen for you.

Hope this helps.

vmv89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
No bother, but you've posted a query about your laptop in on the Mac Pro desktop section, it's fine, but just FYI.

In display preferences you have pictured, you can select Scaled which will give you further resolution choices, for more informed options.

In general, the default colour profile is the Generic RGB, option, that should give a fair representation of the colour gamut for "most" monitors. But choose the best profile that you like or make one up and alter it to suit you. If you like something more precise, there are Calibration devices that you can plug in and tune your screen for you.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!:)

carmona

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2014
Indeed. These profiles are just standard and will not give you any correct colors.

Most screens are too bright and the colours aren't linearised. So if reliable colours are important for your work on your mac, be sure to calibrate with a puck like Spyder, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.