Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
My iPad3 still feels pretty snappy until I installed iOS8 which would take a second or less to do some tasks, but lately I noticed it has difficulty rendering websites (Chrome) , maybe because of the HTML5 animations?

Can any one tell me if they are noticing this?

Any one upgraded from ipad3/4 to iPad Air and noticed significantly better speed? I have seen newer ipads but they all look and function the same except for thinner design and lighter weight, am I wrong?

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I have an iPad 2/3 and Air. The iPad 3 is still running iOS 5.1.1 (no slowdowns) so can't help you there but yes there is a speed improvement going from the iPad 2 to the Air (7.1.2). Animations are smoother, apps open quicker, page loads are quicker. If you have an inkling on upgrading my suggestion is to wait for the refresh in the next few months.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
My iPad3 is becoming more glitchy by the day.

I've now ditched it for a MBP, but the iPad will be going to my son. I'm intrigued to see whether we should keep it on iOS7 for him or put 8 on when it's out....

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
My iPad3 is fine. Even with jail breaking. Then again I don't do anything performance intensive with the iPad. Just ebook, browsing, light gaming and reading newspapers.

It's fine for the next year or so then I will upgrade. (maybe).

I did jailbreak it though to get the blur effects enabled, but i noticed with the parallax enabled blur hack that the battery drained a bit quicker then usual (that is obviously the graphic issue with the iPad 3s not able to handle the blur enabled effects like the iPad air and iPad mini/mini retina) so i removed the hack. Battery is much better now.

Kenneth D

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2012
My 3 still seems fine and I play games. there are a couple apps that lag a bit but over all it's still pretty smooth. And I use the heck out of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.