Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the release of a new 10.9.5 beta for developers, Apple today released Safari 7.0.6 for OS X Mavericks and Safari 6.1.6 for OS X Mountain Lion to the public, bringing new security fixes to the browser.

safari_7_0_6.jpg
The new Safari builds can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

Apple has also previously seeded Safari 6.2 and Safari 7.1 for Mountain Lion/Mavericks to developers, and it's likely that update will see its public release alongside OS X Yosemite.

Update 2:00 PM PT: This post originally identified Safari 7.0.6 and Safari 6.1.6 as beta software available only to developers, which has since been corrected.

Article Link: Apple Releases Safari 7.0.6 and Safari 6.1.6 With Security Fixes for Mavericks/Mountain Lion

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
So there are no WebKit improvements? The nightly build is a bit faster mad supports 3D animations with 7.0.5 does not.

Graig

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Now have 2 instances of Safari 7.0.6 showing as installed under App Store Updates. Seemed to install, said installed but was not and did not update the page. Clicked on Install All and it worked the 2nd time hence two showing as installed after the page updated. Not a big deal I guess.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Now have 2 instances of Safari 7.0.6 showing as installed under App Store Updates. Seemed to install, said installed but was not and did not update the page. Clicked on Install All and it worked the 2nd time hence two showing as installed after the page updated. Not a big deal I guess.

This seems to be a general bug that happens with mavericks from time to time.
Had the same problem with the last safari public release. A restarted fixed it and let me install it . I than only had to wait one month for the 4 duplicate install entries to be removed from the AppStore #

Graig

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This seems to be a general bug that happens with mavericks from time to time.
Had the same problem with the last safari public release. A restarted fixed it and let me install it . I than only had to wait one month for the 4 duplicate install entries to be removed from the AppStore #

I would rather update apps like this from the download page but have noticed that Safari does not show up there in Mavericks

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I went home last night to install this update but after thinking about it for a moment, I realized I was running Yosemite Public Beta. Oh silly me. :eek:

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
whyyyyy....

Why hasn't anyone fixed the issue where upon looking up "images" via google, when you find something you want to look at you click, image enlarges and with the direct link to it's page with suggested images, you then proceed to the site of origin, you browse, then you do this: swipe back with your fingers on the track pad to go back to the images search page and....................... blank. GRRRR>>> you hit the refresh every single time this happens since Montain Lion has not been fixed at all???????

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
hmmmm

can't be bothered with safari anymore since adblock doesn't work in youtube. :'(

Does anything work to block any ads in youtube really? Youtube is just trash now, everyone signed up for ads on their stupid videos, even the idiotic videos all have wishful thinking to make a quick penny off viewers, so everyone's got ads running everywhere.

maplingstorie

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2009
Malaysia
Does anything work to block any ads in youtube really? Youtube is just trash now, everyone signed up for ads on their stupid videos, even the idiotic videos all have wishful thinking to make a quick penny off viewers, so everyone's got ads running everywhere.

it works with google chrome. Therefore, I have to force myself to use GC. Gonna miss the zoom in and out and that smooth scrolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.