Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimcartermdw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
why does audio midi setup app keep changing settings back to 44100.0 Hz, 2ch-24bit Integer? the sound quality between above setup and 96000.0 Hz, 2ch-32bit Float is drastic. listening with presets it keeps changing back is almost unaudiable. the sound quality is different and it keeps going back for some reason. if i set it again it will stay that way but it will probably change when i restart macbook. you probably won’t notice the difference if you are using your apple headphones, but if you have quality headphones the difference is big to the point i don’t even want to listen to music on my iphone.

please explain to me why does it change to lower quality on it’s own, or apple doesn’t care about quality of sound? simply put the content out there on sale and who cares about quality?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
why does audio midi setup app keep changing settings back to 44100.0 Hz, 2ch-24bit Integer? the sound quality between above setup and 96000.0 Hz, 2ch-32bit Float is drastic. listening with presets it keeps changing back is almost unaudiable. the sound quality is different and it keeps going back for some reason. if i set it again it will stay that way but it will probably change when i restart macbook. you probably won’t notice the difference if you are using your apple headphones, but if you have quality headphones the difference is big to the point i don’t even want to listen to music on my iphone.

please explain to me why does it change to lower quality on it’s own, or apple doesn’t care about quality of sound? simply put the content out there on sale and who cares about quality?

perhaps has to do with the source; what app are you playing music from? and are you plugged into a usb audio interface, or the mac's headphone out?

WAIT...what does this have to do with the iPhone? confusing info...

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I set mine to 88.2/24 some time ago (I forget how long ago). I just checked; it is still set that way. I am using iTunes and/or VLC for playback.

A.

jimcartermdw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
I set mine to 88.2/24 some time ago (I forget how long ago). I just checked; it is still set that way. I am using iTunes and/or VLC for playback.

A.

i usually use itunes, safari and sometimes vox for audio. some apps i noticed changed audio quality in audio midi setup app. i don’t use that one anymore.
so ye it changed from 96000Hz to 44100Hz today. even though all i used was itunes and safari. may be some other app changes it. i also use audio hijack app but the audio does not change when i tried to restart it enabling eqs on it. and may be numbers app.

perhaps has to do with the source; what app are you playing music from? and are you plugged into a usb audio interface, or the mac's headphone out?

WAIT...what does this have to do with the iPhone? confusing info...

i mentioned iphone to make a point that best options in audio midi make sound better than on iphone.

so the setting keeps changing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.