Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whats your favorite iPhone design?

• Total voters

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
So, what do you think is the best designed iPhone model, and why? You can pick between the original 2g and the 5s (NO IPHONE 6 COMMENTS!!!! Lol!!) :) So, whats your favorite iPhone model?

I personally love the design of the 5s the best. I like the ring around the home button, and I like the two tone back :D

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
iPhone 5. Metal, Black/Slate, reminiscent of the monolith from the movie 2001.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I voted for the 3GS as nothing looked so good as opening that box and setting it up for the first time. I also enjoyed the overall feel. I remember thinking too at the time how much faster it was than the 3G. First white iPhone I owned.

Good memories.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
iPhone 5. Metal, Black/Slate, reminiscent of the monolith from the movie 2001.

Ah the slate iPhone 5! Thats one I always wanted, but never have! Lol! I have the silver 5s, but the slate iP5 is bad a$$! LOL JK!

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
iPhone 5S. The gold one just looks badass. I've gotten plenty of compliments on my 5S. I also loved the iPhone 4 design. Man that thing was beautiful

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2014
I voted for the 3GS as nothing looked so good as opening that box and setting it up for the first time. I also enjoyed the overall feel. I remember thinking too at the time how much faster it was than the 3G. First white iPhone I owned.

Good memories.

Well, the 3gs was a little before my time (No im not that young, I just didnt know about technology at the time! Lol!) but I must say that they white 3gs was a nice looking phone!

----------

iPhone 6 all the way. jk

iPhone 5S.

Hey no iP6 votes! Lol jk! :p I also like the 5s design the best :)

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
The 5S....I'd say the 5 but you know.....fingerprint sensor looks nice on the 5S.
I like the 2-tone back so I guess you could say the 5 too because that's the phone that started that design.

Every design is hated like crazy before they come out. Look at the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 threads that contain leaks of the phone before it came out. It's filled with "that's so ugly" "look at those ugly antenna slits" among other things.

Now people love them....hmm. I guess people can change as time changes.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I voted 5c. I had a hard time deciding between 2G and 5c but based purely on design, I think I like the 5c better. Really, though, what I'd like is a matte black 5c in 3.5" form factor. :)

Based purely on visuals, I think the 4/4S looks prettiest. I just prefer the feel of curvier phones in my hand. :p

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I have two favorites, however I voted for the original iPhone. I loved the aluminum back. The other favorite was the 4, I really liked the glass front and back.

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
I was planning to get the 6 when my Nexus 4 conks out, but I'm bummed about the leaks of the 6's design. I really like the 5s' squared edges in particular.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
I like the design of the 5, but the length-width ratio is just weird to me, Im going to say the 4/4s design was probably my favorite so far, though I could do without the silver bumper around. I would say the ratio of the 4/4s with the style of the 5 would be a beast combo to have. I like simple block-like designs. I like phones that I can sit on its side with ease :p

Also I personally LOVE the design of the original iPad. If the back were a tad bit flatter, it would be my ideal design for a tablet.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I recently got a GS4 for my job. I've been frustrated with the lack of horizontal pixels before and after Retina displays came out so I can't pick from your list. I would pick iPhone 6 if it comes out with 768 or more horizontal pixels (to make reading email and web pages in landscape possible without zooming).

As for design, I would rank iPhone 5S as second best and iPhone 5 / 5c tied for third. When (if?) you update your poll to include iPhone 6, I will happily cast my vote then.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I recently got a GS4 for my job. I've been frustrated with the lack of horizontal pixels before and after Retina displays came out so I can't pick from your list. I would pick iPhone 6 if it comes out with 768 or more horizontal pixels (to make reading email and web pages in landscape possible without zooming).

As for design, I would rank iPhone 5S as second best and iPhone 5 / 5c tied for third. When (if?) you update your poll to include iPhone 6, I will happily cast my vote then.
How are you liking touchwiz?

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012

Thanks for mentioning that. I wasn't aware of that factor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.