Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:16 PM   #1
MacSrvant21
macrumors newbie

Connect To a windows network printer?

How do I locate a network printer through a windows computer via wireless router? Some have said to use bonjour, but i must be missing something. Please help. I tried adding printer by going thru printer setup utility,IP printer/IPP/then typed in IP address of printer. But it doesnt go through.

12"Pwrbook 1.33 ghz 60BG
1.25GB RAM
15GB 3rd Gen IPod
Saving up for a MacBook Pro
MacSrvant21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Fender2112
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Fender2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSrvant21
How do I locate a network printer through a windows computer via wireless router? Some have said to use bonjour, but i must be missing something. Please help. I tried adding printer by going thru printer setup utility,IP printer/IPP/then typed in IP address of printer. But it doesnt go through.
Make sure you have installed the OS X drive for the Windows printer. Then open Printer Setup Utility. Click "Add" to open the Printer Browser. The printer should show up in the list.

If it doesn't, click the "More Printers" button at the bottom of the Printer Browser. At the top of this window are two pop up menus. Select "Windows Printing" from the first one and your network from the second one. You'll have to feel your way through this. But the printer should hopefully show up somewhere, eventually.

It's been a while since I did this at my office. This should get you pointed in the right direction.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 06:52 PM   #3
MacSrvant21
macrumors newbie

Thanks!

thanks! it took me awhile because i couldnt find where the driver was installed. But it works great!

12"Pwrbook 1.33 ghz 60BG
1.25GB RAM
15GB 3rd Gen IPod
Saving up for a MacBook Pro
MacSrvant21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help