Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
It definitely bumps your speeds if you're in an XLTE area. Been running it for a few weeks with no issues.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
All I would say that thing is useful for is

Ability to edit apn

XLTE indicator

But even the XLTE indicator doesn't work right cause the phone will display XLTE even when your on regular band 13 LTE.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
It definitely bumps your speeds if you're in an XLTE area. Been running it for a few weeks with no issues.

All I would say that thing is useful for is

Ability to edit apn

XLTE indicator

But even the XLTE indicator doesn't work right cause the phone will display XLTE even when your on regular band 13 LTE.

Can this be done with ifile alone or do I have go through iTunes?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Not that it couldn't be done solely through file, but I don't really know where you'd put the edited .ipcc file.

You'd edit them in place. It could be done in iFile alone. All carrier bundles are nothing more than a ZIP file containing a few plist files.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
CommCenter patches and carrier file hacks like that make me nervous.
Only way to undue them if something goes wrong will be a dfu restore and setup as new. And those files are put out periodically by carriers and if you modify and cannot accept stock ipcc updates then your service with the network will suffer.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
If I understand Intell correctly, you'd need to extract the files from the .ipcc file and then manually place them inside the correct location through iFile. Probably much easier to use iTunes.

I just did it with ifile. Delete old verizon lte bundle and past the new file. So easy. Just one file.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408160950.193864.jpg

On 16.5 now.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
On Verizon's website it says that there won't be an indicator to notify you that you're on a XLTE tower.

Why would this hack want you to include a XLTE indicator that is always displayed, even when you're in a regular LTE tower.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
On Verizon's website it says that there won't be an indicator to notify you that you're on a XLTE tower.

Why would this hack want you to include a XLTE indicator that is always displayed, even when you're in a regular LTE tower.

It looks cool this way:D
Kinda like the 4G indicator AT&T and Tmobile display with the 3G networks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.