Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jan 28, 2006, 12:38 PM   #1
someguy
macrumors 68020

Disable low battery notification...

Is there any way to disable the notification that pops up on Apple notebooks when the battery reaches 5% or so? I am always overly conscious of the power remaining, so much to the point that the notification is almost always a bother to me (always seems to come up in the middle of me typing something or working on a project for work).

Thanks in advance.
someguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:05 PM   #2
CoMpX
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to CoMpX
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy
Is there any way to disable the notification that pops up on Apple notebooks when the battery reaches 5% or so? I am always overly conscious of the power remaining, so much to the point that the notification is almost always a bother to me (always seems to come up in the middle of me typing something or working on a project for work).

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if there is a way aside from a hack, but I do not reccommend it. I understand that you are conscious of the batter life, but there can always be a time when you forget. I think it would be a lot more annoying to have the Mac go to scleep in the middle of your work then to just pop up a little windows. All you have to do is click OK.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Lau

Sorry, I don't know if there is a way. I find that when it gets to the low battery warning, it's just enough time to find the power cable and a socket. Every time I've ignored it, 10 minutes passes really quickly and it dies on me!
  0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X