Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ios712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2014
I have recently jail broken my device, and I'm watching a video where the switches in settings (the white circle at the right, green behind it.), and sliders are different colors. For an example, orange replaces the green and in the white circle, there's a dark smaller circle in the middle. Any help would be appreciated :).

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You're probably looking at a theme. Themes can be downloaded and applied using the Winterboard tweak, or in the case of some themes, only installation itself is necessary.

You can search for themes in Cydia. Just make sure that whatever you find is compatible with your iPhone and your version of iOS. Installing incompatible tweaks and themes can potentially lead to a forced restore, which removes the jailbreak.

Ios712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2014
You're probably looking at a theme. Themes can be downloaded and applied using the Winterboard tweak, or in the case of some themes, only installation itself is necessary.

You can search for themes in Cydia. Just make sure that whatever you find is compatible with your iPhone and your version of iOS. Installing incompatible tweaks and themes can potentially lead to a forced restore, which removes the jailbreak.
I have the same theme as shown in the video (ayeris), and it doesn't appear the same with the switches and sliders.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I have the same theme as shown in the video (ayeris), and it doesn't appear the same with the switches and sliders.

Do you have screenshots of your device with the theme and another screenshot of what you are trying to mimic? If so can you post them? Easier to help if we see the differences.

Ios712

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2014
Do you have screenshots of your device with the theme and another screenshot of what you are trying to mimic? If so can you post them? Easier to help if we see the differences.

here is what i want it to look like: IMG_0022.PNG , here is what i have: IMG_0023.PNG . its not the same tweak shown, but his is blue, dark circle in white circle. Mine on the other hand, is default iOS.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
here is what i want it to look like: View attachment 485786 , here is what i have: View attachment 485787 . its not the same tweak shown, but his is blue, dark circle in white circle. Mine on the other hand, is default iOS.

Oh wow I didn't realize it was going to be so different. I was hoping I could easily identify the issue but I'm not a themer. Perhaps the device in the image is using an additional tweak/theme for the switches? I'll do some googling and searches in cydia.

You also might want to post this in the modmyi theme sub-forum and maybe even a better place to ask is the theme sub-reddit at reddit.com.

Those two places is flooded with theme fanatics. Very helpful people there as well as MacRumors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.