Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thetechfixer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Canada
Hi, I currently have a 16GB White iPhone 5 which I am planning on selling, this phone is in Mint condition and by Mint I mean mint, there are no scratches anywhere on the phone. I can include the charger of course, I do not have the box for the 5 but I do have a Spare iPhone 5S box for a 5S I no longer own, would it be worth it to include that as well? The carrier is Telus and Koodo here in Canada which is one of the top carriers here. Thanks

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hi, I currently have a 16GB White iPhone 5 which I am planning on selling, this phone is in Mint condition and by Mint I mean mint, there are no scratches anywhere on the phone. I can include the charger of course, I do not have the box for the 5 but I do have a Spare iPhone 5S box for a 5S I no longer own, would it be worth it to include that as well? The carrier is Telus and Koodo here in Canada which is one of the top carriers here. Thanks

I don't think the wrong box adds any value to the iPhone 5. To figure out value, I most often search ebay "completed listings". The listings in green actually sold at the indicated price and those in red failed to sell. Of course that doesn't do you any good directly but it does help you set a price for your phone. I have a 32 GB iPhone 5 in mint condition that I will be passing along to either my wife or to one of my kids when my renewal comes up later this fall. I've been on a "data diet" lately to see if I can squeeze back into a 16 GB model. It's a real struggle. I got "lazy" and bought apps and let them sit and waste space on my phone. I recently went through an app purge and only managed to free up about 2 GB. I have about 8 GB to go. The good news is that 4.3 GB is my camera roll and 1.4 GB is the Camera Awesome app and I can nuke all of that because it is backed up. I just need to be more disciplined about deleting games I've finished or don't play any more like 3's which weighs in at 150 MB. I just found an old copy of Goodreader with 480 MB of stuff I never use so I've managed to free up 2.5 GB. If I don't have things under control by the time I decide to pull the trigger on iPhone 6, I'll just cough up the extra hundred bucks for the 32 GB model. Unless 32 GB is the new base... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.