Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

needfx

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Hang on to your socks, it's going to get messy.

THE ACES CHALLENGE

This will be a 48h CHALLENGING challenge, running every weekend on MR.
As usual, a subject will be needed for the hawk-eyed, quick-slinging members of this forum to compete in & complete within the specific time allocated.

You late? You out!
No exceptions, no matter the bribe or googly eyes. Won't even matter if you hung over a crocodile's pond while it was scoping for your soft parts. NO.

Have you ever seen America's Next Top Model? No? Neither have I, but you've heard about the 'go-sees'? Know about those? Oh, you've seen one or two. Ok, we're on the same bandwidth of sorts. Don't get me wrong, this will not, and should not, be for the faint of heart. No crying, sore losers or their lovechild, period. These challenges need to be challenging, and not wimpy zoo strolls with the tranquilized primate cousins. Ok? Excellent.

Winner will be chosen by popular vote on a weekly schedule, ending every Thursday. Winner should cram for an idea and post it by Friday. Or all of you can have an idea at the ready in case you win, or step in when an idea might be needfxed

Oh and voters, please vote

Currently I 'm thinking up of the 1st challenge and also fine tuning the international time zone barriers and contest conditions among others.
Got any ideas? Spit them out. Not literally.

Oh, and when the first challenge comes up, don't do anything illegal to impress this lot, or if you do, don't get arrested. (in a deep condescending voice).

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this thread are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Macrumors, its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and staff.

--
two|one is sputtering to death, we need to put it to sleep in my opinion. it takes too long over the course of 3 weeks people lose interest, forget about it, or both, voters do not cast ballots and so on. Prize money will be rolled-over to this contest (if I win) or if winner decides to roll it over.

Last edited:

Parkin Pig

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2009
Yorkshire-by-Gum
Sounds interesting.

It's a shame about the Two/One contest - it was a good idea, but as it runs for 3 weeks it only takes a couple of quiet days for it to drop off the MacRumors home page, and then it seems to be forgotten.

I hope your new idea gets a better response.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Have you ever seen America's Next Top Model? No? Neither have I, but you've heard about the 'go-sees'? Know about those?

I hate to see two4one go, I still hadn't had a chance to make an effort for it... :eek:

With regards to the above-mentioned go-see's, is this similar to hunting vectors as shown on the SyFy Channel's "Helix?" :confused:

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Hang on to your socks, it's going to get messy.

THE ACES CHALLENGE

This will be a 48h CHALLENGING challenge, running every weekend on MR.
As usual, a subject will be needed for the hawk-eyed, quick-slinging members of this forum to compete in & complete within the specific time allocated.

You late? You out!
No exceptions, no matter the bribe or googly eyes. Won't even matter if you hung over a crocodile's pond while it was scoping for your soft parts. NO.

Have you ever seen America's Next Top Model? No? Neither have I, but you've heard about the 'go-sees'? Know about those? Oh, you've seen one or two. Ok, we're on the same bandwidth of sorts. Don't get me wrong, this will not, and should not, be for the faint of heart. No crying, sore losers or their lovechild, period. These challenges need to be challenging, and not wimpy zoo strolls with the tranquilized primate cousins. Ok? Excellent.

Winner will be chosen by popular vote on a weekly schedule, ending every Thursday. Winner should cram for an idea and post it by Friday. Or all of you can have an idea at the ready in case you win, or step in when an idea might be needfxed

Oh and voters, please vote

Currently I 'm thinking up of the 1st challenge and also fine tuning the international time zone barriers and contest conditions among others.
Got any ideas? Spit them out. Not literally.

Oh, and when the first challenge comes up, don't do anything illegal to impress this lot, or if you do, don't get arrested. (in a deep condescending voice).

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this thread are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Macrumors, its affiliated companies, subsidiaries and staff.

--
two|one is sputtering to death, we need to put it to sleep in my opinion. it takes too long over the course of 3 weeks people lose interest, forget about it, or both, voters do not cast ballots and so on. Prize money will be rolled-over to this contest (if I win) or if winner decides to roll it over.

What about if I have a note from my mum? Can I be late then?:D

I'm up for it. Let's see where this goes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.