Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Since I installed Mavericks, the three finger swipe (that went back, forward in a Finder window) has stopped working. Apple seem to have removed this feature in Mavericks.

I created a thread about the three finger swipe last year on the Apple forums. The other day someone commented on that thread saying that with beta 5 of Yosemite, the feature had been re-added. But their comment got removed shortly after as the admin said that its against the rules to discuss beta software etc.

I was wondering if any of you guys who have beta 5 could confirm if the three finger swipe in a Finder window is working again?

Thanks

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Nope, it's gone. Sorry.

You can easily get it back with BetterTouchTool though, either globally or only in Finder.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Nope, it's gone. Sorry.

You can easily get it back with BetterTouchTool though, either globally or only in Finder.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I've been using BetterTouchTool since the 3 finger swipe was removed. Was just curious to if it had been re-added in Yosemite with someone mentioning it had in beta 5. Thanks anyway :)

ProphetX

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2011
Since I installed Mavericks, the three finger swipe (that went back, forward in a Finder window) has stopped working. Apple seem to have removed this feature in Mavericks.

I created a thread about the three finger swipe last year on the Apple forums. The other day someone commented on that thread saying that with beta 5 of Yosemite, the feature had been re-added. But their comment got removed shortly after as the admin said that its against the rules to discuss beta software etc.

I was wondering if any of you guys who have beta 5 could confirm if the three finger swipe in a Finder window is working again?

Thanks

Just tested it. Its back in with B5.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Just tested it. Its back in with B5.

And it's still here in DP6. :)

Thanks both for confirming that its back :)

Once Yosemite is released, then it looks like I can get rid of BetterTouchTools. No point in using a third party app to give me this feature when the OS has the feature already included.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.