Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony78228

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Texas
I just bought a new iPhone 5s, and remember reading about the chargers having to have a green dot on them to show that it's a safe one. mine doesn't have the green dot. was this issue a thing of the past, or should I look into getting another?

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
I just bought a new iPhone 5s, and remember reading about the chargers having to have a green dot on them to show that it's a safe one. mine doesn't have the green dot. was this issue a thing of the past, or should I look into getting another?

Hi Tony :) I also didnt get a green dot with my 5s charger. Its nothing to worry about :)

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Some of my came with green dots, some didn't. I don't think it's anything to worry about, because many third party charger bricks don't come with a green dot, if they weren't safe, why are they still making them?

Don't sweat it.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If you bought yours new, you shouldn't worry at all about it. It came with a genuine Apple part and will be covered under warranty should there be a problem.

My 5s charger does have the green dot - I just had to check!

cgonzan

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2015
It has nothing to do with safety. All it means it was manufactured by Flextronics. Thye put green dots on everything they make.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.