Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 19, 2014, 02:28 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Apple Expands Lineup for 8th Annual iTunes Festival in London with Lenny Kravitz, Others




Apple today announced that it has added 21 more acts to the lineup for this year's iTunes Festival in London, adding artists such as Lenny Kravitz, The Script, Foxes, and more. Those acts will join artists such as Maroon 5, Pharrell Williams, David Guetta and many others for 30 nights of concerts at The Roundhouse throughout September.

Free tickets for the concerts in London will be available through iTunes in a lottery system as well as through local radio stations. For those not attending in person, the iTunes Festival will be broadcast via Apple TV, iOS app, and the iTunes Desktop application.

Earlier this year, Apple held the first iTunes U.S. Festival at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2014, which was held at Moody Theater. The 2013 iTunes Festival in London featured performances from a large lineup including Justin Timberlake, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Jack Johnson, and more.

Article Link: Apple Expands Lineup for 8th Annual iTunes Festival in London with Lenny Kravitz, Others
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 02:30 AM   #2
farewelwilliams
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
the heck is david guetta doing there? pressing buttons?
farewelwilliams is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 02:50 AM   #3
uklee
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Maybe sour grapes on my part but here goes.

I have purchased hundred of pound worth of music etc via iTunes -last year applied for 7 gigs was hoping for 1. Nothing. Yet I know people who have applied never purchased anything formations and they received tickets. To add insult, they are not even 'fans' of the groups they are going to see. Its a gig and a night out.

Surely gig tickets could be awarded to those that have purchased artist music via iTunes?

Its a great event and and wish everyone a great night out
uklee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:09 AM   #4
Reason077
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by uklee View Post
I have purchased hundred of pound worth of music etc via iTunes -last year applied for 7 gigs was hoping for 1. Nothing. Yet I know people who have applied never purchased anything formations and they received tickets. To add insult, they are not even 'fans' of the groups they are going to see. Its a gig and a night out.
In the early years of the iTunes festival I won multiple sets of tickets each year, too. Saw some amazing shows. But the last 3 years or so, nothing at all.

To be fair, ever since Spotify came along I hardly buy any music on iTunes any more. Maybe it's because of that.

Or, maybe the iTunes festival has just become far more popular.

Or maybe Apple is discriminating against us "old folk" now that I'm in the 30+ demographic
Reason077 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:20 AM   #5
tennisproha
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by uklee View Post
Maybe sour grapes on my part but here goes.

I have purchased hundred of pound worth of music etc via iTunes -last year applied for 7 gigs was hoping for 1. Nothing. Yet I know people who have applied never purchased anything formations and they received tickets. To add insult, they are not even 'fans' of the groups they are going to see. Its a gig and a night out.

Surely gig tickets could be awarded to those that have purchased artist music via iTunes?

Its a great event and and wish everyone a great night out
well to be fair tickets are supposedly awarded on a lottery system which would mean its random drawings not at all based on your financial worth to apple. but I don't think apple does it to attract sales anyway. I think they just do it out of company culture, and excess money, hoards of excess money to spend.
tennisproha is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:46 AM   #6
japanime
macrumors 65816
 
japanime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Japan
Foxes? Yawn. Just another Lady Blahblah clone.

Now, if it were the Fleet Foxes that had been added, then I'd be interested.
__________________
Put Manga University in your pocket get our free iPhone app!
japanime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 05:27 AM   #7
efktd
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Excited for SOHN!
efktd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 06:46 AM   #8
Tiger8
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2011
Kylie!

I didn't know Kylie Minogue is going to be part of iTunes festival.
Tiger8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 08:11 AM   #9
uklee
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisproha View Post
well to be fair tickets are supposedly awarded on a lottery system which would mean its random drawings not at all based on your financial worth to apple. but I don't think apple does it to attract sales anyway. I think they just do it out of company culture, and excess money, hoards of excess money to spend.
I dont have any issue with your statement - if you have customers that are buying your product and putting coppers into your bank you look after them. Ti me if someone as sadly purchased all the Kylie CD they should stand a reasonable chance of receiving a ticket than a person who's created an account in the Apple store and purchased nothing from iTunes. that seem fair. I did say it was sour grapes on my part for not receiving any ticket for a number of gigs applied for
uklee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:49 AM   #10
JarScott
macrumors 65816
 
JarScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Leicestershire, UK
First year I've applied for tickets. I watched the different events on iTunes last year and thought it was all kinda cool. I've applied for tickets for a bunch of the different acts but I don't suppose I'll win any. :P
__________________
iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Gold, iPad Air 16GB Space Grey, 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Running OS X Yosemite Public Beta)
JarScott is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:34 AM   #11
Tankmaze
macrumors 65816
 
Tankmaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Wow, cool lineup.
Would surely enjoy this free music on the iTunes, thanks apple!!
__________________
Check out our game Tank Maze
Tankmaze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 09:22 PM   #12
tennisproha
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by uklee View Post
I dont have any issue with your statement - if you have customers that are buying your product and putting coppers into your bank you look after them. Ti me if someone as sadly purchased all the Kylie CD they should stand a reasonable chance of receiving a ticket than a person who's created an account in the Apple store and purchased nothing from iTunes. that seem fair. I did say it was sour grapes on my part for not receiving any ticket for a number of gigs applied for
I def see you POV. I would prob feel the same way if I wanted to see my favorite band too.
tennisproha is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC