Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkennedyuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Hey guys.

I have had a video for a client cause me sooooo much hassle, its a 15 min edit and it just stalls on the export. I cancel, then its freezes and crashes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Is it maybe a faulty file hidden in the edit that is causing all this stress?

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance!

Nov 28, 2010
located
What exact Premiere Pro version do you run on what exact Mac OS X version on what exact Mac configuration?

What sequence settings do you use?
What kind of footage do you use (fps, resolution, codec)?
What export settings do you use?

Have you tried exporting the sequence in its original codec first?

Have you tried sending the sequence to MediaEncoder?

And since you just registered to ask this question here, have you already tried the Adobe Community and CreativeCow with the answers to the questions I asked?

And then there is this video editing maintenance tool: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

dkennedyuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Hi mate.

Thanks for this, this is the first forum I have approached as it popped up and thought I would explain this issue. Here answers to your questions...

OS X 10.9.1
Premier Pro CC

What sequence settings do you use?
1920 x 1080 - 25fps

What kind of footage do you use (fps, resolution, codec)?
All .mov - mixture of 25/50 fps @ 1080 & 720

What export settings do you use?
h.264, 1920x1080, 25fps

Have you tried exporting the sequence in its original codec first?
I haven't done anything other than what I normally do, we used a 7d & 5dmkIII - what do you suggest?

Have you tried sending the sequence to MediaEncoder?
Yeah, does the same thing, freezes at a certain position then doesnt move for hours. If cancelled, I have to force quit.

I haven't tried the Adobe Community and CreativeCow yet no, I saw a friend post on here so thought I would give it a go.

Any guidance would be good!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Which version of CC are you using? Try switching the Mercury playback engine to software only (so the program will use the CPU instead of the GPUs for rendering/exporting).

There were driver problems with earlier versions of Mavericks that made Premiere (and others apps that heavily leverage GPUs) malfunction.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
OS X 10.9.1
Premier Pro CC

Update OS X from 10.9.1 to 10.9.4.
Get info on the Premiere Pro CC Application and see what version it reports.
Note that the new 2014 versions of CC apps are separate installs, so you may want to use the new one rather than try to make the old one work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.