Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
People who grew up in the '90s rejoice and prepare for some nostalgia!

Apparently there is a new movie coming out. Being produced by Lionsgate and with a stated release date for 2016. Oh, and its a reboot... so we can expect somethings new.

IGN Link

Link 2

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
I really rejoiced! Let's hope it's better than Dragon Ball and Speed Racer!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Apparently it is not mainstream Hollywood making it. It is directly under Saban's directorship with elements from the original franchise. Yes, Jason D. Frank (the original green/white ranger) has announces he will participate in it.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Apparently it is not mainstream Hollywood making it. It is directly under Saban's directorship with elements from the original franchise. Yes, Jason D. Frank (the original green/white ranger) has announces he will participate in it.

Not to mention the third red ranger and sixth black ranger. He is seriously dedicated to the franchise.

Jws

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
AR
Not to mention the third red ranger and sixth black ranger. He is seriously dedicated to the franchise.

Yeah, too bad he was a bully. You can just see how David Yost reacts when he see JDF in this clip: http://youtu.be/jvLwO8QZI7Q

If you listen carefully you can hear JDF call him "Gayvid." I think they've reconciled to some extent since then. I remember watching a panel on YouTube where they were playing pranks on each other.

Watching that video makes me miss Thuy Trang. She seemed like the sweetest person ever. It is truly a tragedy what happened to her.

I may go see this as long as it isn't unwatchable. I was the biggest fan of Power Rangers until after the second movie when all of the baddies were basically glorified bombs. That turned me off, but I was really out of the demographic for Power Rangers at that point. I was so into it that I watched it longer than I probably should have!

I would have my mom tape each episode in the morning since I couldn't finish them because of leaving for school. Turning on the VCR was the first thing I did every afternoon after school. :)

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Sweet, did you guys know the red ranger recently killed his roommate with a samurai sword?

----------

Ugh, never cared for Power Rangers so I won't be seeing this.

Really? I was obsessed. I had power ranger underwear. I used to run around the house not wearing anything but power ranger underwear and pretending to fight bad guys. But then I turned 20 and said enough is enough.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Sweet, did you guys know the red ranger recently killed his roommate with a samurai sword?

----------

Really? I was obsessed. I had power ranger underwear. I used to run around the house not wearing anything but power ranger underwear and pretending to fight bad guys. But then I turned 20 and said enough is enough.

He's not the red ranger. That's Austin St. John, and he's completely normal as far as anyone can tell.

----------

When you hear the music at 0:09 and Titanus come rolling out, you know **** is about to go down! :D
YouTube: video

Did you know that the original black ranger, Walter Emanuel Jones, only had four fingers on one hand?

YouTube: video

http://whatculture.com/tv/power-rangers-10-things-you-probably-didnt-know.php/2

Every time dragonzord comes out, he destroys private property. Any time a Zord gets used, it's a huge tragedy.

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
He's not the red ranger. That's Austin St. John, and he's completely normal as far as anyone can tell.

The one that stabbed his roommate wasn't St. John (the original red ranger). I believe it was a red ranger from the later series. Google says his name is.........searching......Ricardo Medina Jr.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.