Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrokenMac2008

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
I was on my macbook and I shut the top. When I opened it an hour later to go back on it was frozen and I couldn't do anything. It wouldn't even power down or click anything. So I took out the battery to shut it off and when I put it back in to start it up again nothing happened. No sounds no lights or anything. When I plug in the charger it lights up orange and shows the the battery in the bottom charging. Also when I take out the battery and run it on the charger it shows a green light as if its running from the charger. I've tried resetting the SMC and nothing happened. I've tried taking out one RAM at a time and starting it but still nothing happened. One thing that did work is when i hold the power button down with no battery or charger and then just plug in the charger and press the power button repeatedly the sleep light flashes once but then goes back to doing nothing. and if I continue to disconnect the charger and then plug it back in (without the battery in it) the sleep like will flash once and disappear each time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.