Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sartre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
iCloud Document sync, which has been disabled for me since I upgraded to iCloud Drive with DP1, now seems to be working again on devices running Mavericks and iOS 7. And I can now access iWork documents on iCloud.com which had also stopped working.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
You are right. Thank you for this. Missed it after making a blunder in clicking the new iCloud by mistake weeks ago. ;) happy again

Sartre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
Still not working fully from the looks of it. I guess they are working on it.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
That’s odd. Where are you getting this message? In an app?

Got the message when I tried to open up a document. Not it gives me a "Loading" spinning circle and nothing else happens. Perhaps it still needs work at Apples end

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 11.25.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 11.25.36 AM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 95

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Got the message when I tried to open up a document. Not it gives me a "Loading" spinning circle and nothing else happens. Perhaps it still needs work at Apples end

I get this too. If I try to delete a keynote presentation it says that there is maintenance and I can't use the web app for an hour.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Just to be clear. Are you guys getting Document syncing across Yo/iCloud Drive and Mav/iOS 7? Or are you just getting Mav/iOS 7 syncing and Yo/iCloud Drive Docs are segregated?

joedec

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
Cupertino
Just to be clear. Are you guys getting Document syncing across Yo/iCloud Drive and Mav/iOS 7? Or are you just getting Mav/iOS 7 syncing and Yo/iCloud Drive Docs are segregated?

My experience was 10.9, iOS7 and iCloud Web started syncing again but changes didn't propagate back to 10.10.

This apparently was accomplished by changes to the backend at Apple. No local OS changes, at least to the Beta.

Last edited:

Sartre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
Still gone for me.

I think Apple reset the iCloud Drive upgrade for all accounts yesterday, but rebooting into an Yosemite partition where iCloud Drive is enabled (as I foolishly did) causes the upgrade to be re-applied, once again disabling Documents & Data.

infernoguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Confirmed! I checked numbers and pages on my iPad, web and iPhone and all are in sync again.

I have promptly returned to Mavericks via Time Machine Backup and have my docs syncing on all 3 devices again... Yay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.