Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

^squirrel^

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
England
Hi,

Created a user in WGM in 10.8. Set them up with an email account, which was their surname at our domain.com. Check other services like logging into our AFP etc, all fine.

Set their email up on a client mac, send mail. Received at my end. I then reply and then it says "user unknown in local recipient table".

So setup a test user in server.app. Test1 at our domain.com. Send an email to me, send a reply back. All working correctly.

So i delete the account i originally setup in WGM via server.app. Then set her account up again, but this time via Server.app. Then i get the same issue, i can't send a message to them. I then went into advanced options and created another alias, this time her first name at our domain.com. That works both ways!

So it looks like something is corrupt and being left behind from when i first created the account via WGM. Is there a way of viewing a file where at the recipient tables live and maybe removing it manually?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.