Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1985

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
For some reason since day one of ownership my iBook's audio balance keeps changing either all the way to the left or right. I'm pretty tired of having to reset it to the middle every couple of days. Anyone know what the problem can be? Also I have a brand new 12 inch iBook I bought a month ago. I'm a little worried because one of my PCs that had that problem had to get it's motherboard replaced for a similar problem. I'm a little annoyed by the problem because none of my other Macs have had this problem.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
sk1985 said:
Thats just plain yucky. I hope that bug gets fixed soon. I might just drop down to panther on my ibook till this bug is fixed. It's getting super annoying. At least you took a load off of my mind.

i didn't experience the bug in panther, but others did. its annoying.

sk1985

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
PlaceofDis said:
i didn't experience the bug in panther, but others did. its annoying.
My mac mini with panther is fine. I thought this bug was a hardware issue. Anyway does anyone know if apple is going to fix this bug? It's kind of major.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
it happens to my ibook, but much more rarely - like once a month? Maybe less. I can't imagine that it's worth it to go down to Panther for this (lose dashboard, spotlight, automator, or whatever you use in Tiger) to avoid going in to system prefs every couple of days? I'd just deal with it if it were me... but to each his own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.