Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alsabah.taqi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Hello

Im confused which mac i have to choose .. Please give me your suggestions ..
Im a dentist doing my post graduate studies .. I will use my mac in browsing , reading PDFs , doing presentations and little watching movies and listening to music .
So what do you think , macbook air or macbook pro !?

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Hello

Im confused which mac i have to choose .. Please give me your suggestions ..
Im a dentist doing my post graduate studies .. I will use my mac in browsing , reading PDFs , doing presentations and little watching movies and listening to music .
So what do you think , macbook air or macbook pro !?

A MacBook Air is just fine for your needs. Maybe even an iPad. Just the presentation part might be better on the Air.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Wait for the new product launch in September to see if Apple launches a 12" Retina MacBook Air. I agree a well equipped Air should be enough. Of course if budget is not an issue a 13" or 15" rMBP is very nice.

Alsabah.taqi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Does it last for 4 or 5 years!?

----------

Wait for the new product launch in September to see if Apple launches a 12" Retina MacBook Air. I agree a well equipped Air should be enough. Of course if budget is not an issue a 13" or 15" rMBP is very nice.

Does it last for 4 or 5 years

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I'd go with a 13" Air. It's powerful enough to handle all of those. If you want a little extra insurance in the way of some more power (CPU), then I'd go for the 13" MacBook Pro.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
Does it last for 4 or 5 years!?

----------

Does it last for 4 or 5 years

No reason to believe otherwise. I am refurbishing 2010 MacBooks that are still OK. I increase the memory, change HD for SSD, and replace battery if needed. They should last another 3-4 years.

nyjoe610

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2014
I have an iBook from 2002 still running like new. Apple makes quality machines and if you take care of it, then it will take care of you.

This is one of the reasons why i purchased my first mac computer in 2013, they make quality products. The other windows based computers i purchased in the past cant compare.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
If you want Apple hardware and OS, you have to go with a form of Macbook. If you want Windows OS there are numerous vendors of laptops that run Windows.

Select the apps first, second select the OS needed to run the desired apps. Last select the specific hardware configuration/model based on features and cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.