Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

This Week's Buyer's Guide includes deals on the MacBook Air, the Mac Pro, the Retina MacBook Pro, and several different Apple accessories.

There aren't many deals on the iMac, the iPad, the Retina iPad mini, or the 2014 Retina MacBook Pro this week, but make sure to check back next week for new discounts because prices tend to fluctuate on a week-to-week basis.

MacBook Air

A few sites are offering deals on the 2014 MacBook Air this week, dropping the price as much as $150. The 11.6-inch 1.4Ghz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air is available from B&H Photo and Adorama for $799, down from $899.

The 13-inch 1.4Ghz/4GB/128GB MacBook Air is available for $849 from Best Buy and Amazon, a discount of $150.

macbook_air_mavericks_roundup_header.jpg
Mac Pro

Stock configurations of Apple's Mac Pro desktop computer are available at slightly discounted prices from several retailers this week. The 6-core 3.5Ghz/16GB/256GB machine can be purchased for $3,739.99 from Best Buy, Amazon, and B&H Photo, while the 4-core 3.7Ghz/12GB/256GB machine for $2,839.99 from Best Buy, Amazon, and B&H Photo.

Retina MacBook Pro

The sole deal on the 2014 Retina MacBook Pro is for the 13-inch 2.6Ghz/8GB/256GB model, available for $1,379 from Adorama and B&H Photo.

There's a solitary deal on the 2013 15-inch 2.0GHz/8GB/256GB Retina MacBook Pro, which is available for $1,599 from Amazon, Adorama, and B&H Photo, a discount of $400.

macbook_pro_13_15_late_2013.jpg
B&H and Adorama, as always, are a good choice for buyers who live outside of New York and New Jersey, as the sites only charge sales tax in those states.

Apple Accessories

The Apple Smart Cover for the iPad Air (pink) is available for $22 from DailySteals, a discount of $17. CrossOver 13, which lets users run Windows software on the Mac, is available at 50% for $30 from StackSocial. Case-Mate also has a site-wide sale going on, with up to 60% off most of its products with the promo code P85Z3N4.

beatsinearheadphones.jpg
Finally, Beats By Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones can be purchased from Groupon for $110, a discount of $40.

MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.

Article Link: Buyer's Guide: Discounts on MacBook Air, Mac Pro, Apple Accessories, and More

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
Hmm... I wonder what's prompting them to give these discounts... I also wonder if Apple might continue to drop the prices a bit over time to compete with PCs more...

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
I'm still somewhat irked that people refer to beats as an apple product. Those earbuds are likely the equivalent of a budget pair of in ear headphones, yet they cost more that a pair of, far superior, SE215s.

redcarlsen

macrumors member
May 22, 2014
I'm still patiently awaiting the arrival of a 12" macbook air in the size of the 11" chasis.
Rumors have died down... when to expect this update?

Born Again

macrumors 68040
May 12, 2011
Norcal
At one point I wanted a MacBook

But having an iPad, a powerful tower pc and work pc I've lost any desire to do so.

I'm really impressed with the direction Mac OS are going but i can't justify the purchase if it will hardly get used

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
I'm still somewhat irked that people refer to beats as an apple product. Those earbuds are likely the equivalent of a budget pair of in ear headphones, yet they cost more that a pair of, far superior, SE215s.

Have you actually tried them? Or are you just repeating what other on the internet say? I'm not a user so I don't know their audio quality but a lot of people are making their comments on forums/youtube etc based on their assumptions rather than their experience.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
ugh... got to buy my new iMac

Would love a new mac pro but i think im going to be better off with a new iMac. Problem is... it took for Fn ever to save this cash and now I have to wait because there is probably going to be an iMac top end refresh or speed bump in november. My current one is pretty old and not cutting the mustard. had to replace the hard drive but I need something new. This will become the play machine for the kids or a second monitor if needed. I wish the refresh would happen sooner than later.

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
Have you actually tried them? Or are you just repeating what other on the internet say? I'm not a user so I don't know their audio quality but a lot of people are making their comments on forums/youtube etc based on their assumptions rather than their experience.

I have listened, briefly, to a friends beats, basically the same price as these, and he was as amazed by the fidelity of the 215s as I was underwhelmed by the beats.

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york
The Buyer's Guide is only for one buyer?

How about Buyers' Guide?

Or even Buyers Guide? (My preference.)

http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/qanda/data/faq/topics/PossessivesandAttributives.html?page=1

Q. I am proofing a training manual. It’s labeled “Participant’s Manual.” Shouldn’t it be “Participants’ Manual”? Thanks.

A. The author gets to decide. “Participant’s Manual” is for one person to use; “Participants’ Manual” is for two or more. You might compromise with “Participants Manual,” where the first word functions attributively.

JamesPDX

Suspended
Aug 26, 2014
USA
Fat & Heavy MacBook Pro, please.

I'm still patiently awaiting the arrival of a 12" macbook air in the size of the 11" chasis.
Rumors have died down... when to expect this update?

I'd wait for those new chips. I'd take a nice fat and heavy MBP (made fat with heat sinks :p) with a 15" or 17" display if I could put 2 SSDs in there and have 10 years of mil-spec (not disposable after 2 years) use. It's bad (silly) enough that I have to use an iLok, but I still need FW800 for a perfectly serviceable 003R-based portable Pro Tools 9 rig that brings the new Apogee Duet to its knees. I just want it stable and I want it cool and quiet like my Mini rig.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.