Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristenanne77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
when playing sound of any kind (music, garageband,youtube etc) it sounds very distorted like a broken speaker. it also plays distorted through the headphones. and it is set on low but seems to be sounding quite loud.
i am not sure but it may have started after i downloaded an app hangman rss pro which i like to play. i was playing the free version and decided to upgrade. anyway, i dont see how that could affect the sound throughout the ipad but just thought i would throw it out there.

are there any settings i might try to fix this? its almost like its on "overdrive" or something

Thanks
k

twochinz

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2014
Since the sound is distorted on your speakers AND when you plug in headphones, this leads me to think that no internal parts are damaged. I have never heard of any application being able to produce more sound than the operating system allows. I cannot offer a solution but hopefully someone else can.

kristenanne77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
I shut the ipad off. then turned it on..... didn't change anything ......everything is working again. lucky I guess .......we'll have to wait and see......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.