Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I use Microsoft Office 2010 for work. I have found that one of the best features is the ability to customize the Quick Access Toolbar to ones liking. This enables me to put the "functions" I like best / use most often in one easy place AND consistently across applications.

In my attempt to move off Windows and move on OS X for all my out-of-office working hours I finally broke down and ordered Microsoft Office for Mac 2011.

While I recognize that Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 has less functionality the creation and use of a Quick Access Toolbar is puzzling. While I have figured out the creation of a Quick Access toolbar -- in Word for example -- is done by i) creating a custom toolbar and ii) dragging icons from the pre-defined menus / toolbars it is puzzling that dragging the icons also removes them from where they were dragged / taken from.

Does anybody have any assistance / insight that they can provide on this?

TIA,

Joel

[UPDATE: I have figured out how to create the custom toolbar without removing the icons [i.e. hold the option key, NOT very obvious Microsoft!]...I now have a new problem -- and the problem which needs t be solved -- how does one dock the toolbar instead of having it float all over the place.

I know I am ranting but I have juster wasted an hour+ trying to do something that was so easily and obviously implemented in Windows one year EARLIER!]

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.