Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukedotv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2014
so I was thinking of getting the new iPhone but have no friends, is it still worth it?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
hahah lol and get an a5 processor no ty.

----------

I'm not sure, but its actually a bank holiday in the uk, and I'm not a school kid so...

Well then. Since you say you have no friends what phone do you have today?

Obvious troll post but I'll entertain.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I guess it depends on what you would use it for. If all you need is a music player, then the processor is irrelevant.

If you need internet connectivity everywhere (almost everywhere), then the iPod touch wouldn't work for you.

The thing is, if you need a phone and need a media player, why carry two devices? I don't have any friends either, but I still own an iPhone. I need it for business related phone calls, email, and internet connectivity. I also use it to play media files.

If you can afford it, why not? If you can't afford it, don't.

lukedotv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2014
Well then. Since you say you have no friends what phone do you have today?

Obvious troll post but I'll entertain.

My current phone broke, and I ordered a nokia lumia 520 as a cheap temporary replacement until the iPhone 6 comes out. The nokia hasn't arrived yet.

----------

Perhaps instead of caring so much about what processor is in your mobile device you go out and make friends and then you'll have a use for a phone...

hahahah lol, if only it were that easy!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have that 520. Bought it for $10 new and used it for a month to test T-mobile service. I made new friends that month as well. You'll do fine.

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
hahahah lol, if only it were that easy!

Get an iPhone and download OkCupid. ;)

But seriously, I'm the world's biggest introvert, and I love my iPhone. It doesn't matter if you have a lot of friends; what matters is how you plan on using it. (And for the record, I have met friends through the OkCupid app. :eek:)

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Here is my reply OP..

69 years old, friends are around same age, few younger with smartphones.
I make few calls, use my computer (both notebook and desktop) lots....

I bought the iPhone 5S, played with it for 7 months, using SIRI a bit, she was off many times, used the weather app some but that got old. Played with the GPS a little but my car has one built in, and the screen was too small on the iPhone. Did not play music, not a kid that needs tons of music stored and many times never played again. I have a stereo for great sounding music at home. Using the iPhone camera was about the nicest thing to have.

7 months later, I sold the iPhone 5S, did not have to pay the ETF (Now one does) at Verizon, got a good flip phone and saved lots of money. I'm a happy camper now. Didn't really need a Smartphone, but heck, I have the money and wanted to try it out, but it was not for me. Waste of money ;)

That is my take. Others have different needs.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I bought the iPhone 5S, played with it for 7 months, using SIRI a bit, she was off many times, used the weather app some but that got old. Played with the GPS a little but my car has one built in, and the screen was too small on the iPhone. .

Like you say, everyones use is different, and I understand all the points you made, except... How can checking the weather get old?

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Get an iPhone and download OkCupid. ;)

But seriously, I'm the world's biggest introvert, and I love my iPhone. It doesn't matter if you have a lot of friends; what matters is how you plan on using it. (And for the record, I have met friends through the OkCupid app. :eek:)

This is me too, introvert with only a few close friends but my iPhone is still very useful to me.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Like you say, everyones use is different, and I understand all the points you made, except... How can checking the weather get old?

Easy jabingla, I live in Florida and its always Hot and it rain a lot as well. Just like clock work. No need to have that App. :D

lukedotv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2014
I have that 520. Bought it for $10 new and used it for a month to test T-mobile service. I made new friends that month as well. You'll do fine.

----------

Get it off contract and don't get cell/data plan.

Ok i might've exaggerated when i said no friends, I actually have 3 or 4. 3.5?

----------

I hear you can make new friends on Tinder.

I dont think windows has tinder yet :(
But iOS does :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.