Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
So I ordered a late 2013 retina macbook pro 13 inch from apple refurbished. What kind of things should I check over when i receive the machine, issue wise i mean.
Also, how many cycles do refurb batteries come with usually?
When I bought my retina 15 inch the screens had a lot of issues (thankfully mine didn't) are there still a lot of screen issues in the late 2013 models? I would think refurb has better quality control anyway.

Share some of your feedback if you have purchased one also.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I'd just give it a quick once over and then enjoy the computer. I've purchased several Apple refurbs, and all but one of them directly from Apple. The only issues I've ever had were due to the one unit that was bought second hand, and I have no way to know how the previous user treated it.

Refurbs normally have a battery with 2-8 cycles on it(just like new units).

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
So I ordered a late 2013 retina macbook pro 13 inch from apple refurbished. What kind of things should I check over when i receive the machine, issue wise i mean.
Also, how many cycles do refurb batteries come with usually?
When I bought my retina 15 inch the screens had a lot of issues (thankfully mine didn't) are there still a lot of screen issues in the late 2013 models? I would think refurb has better quality control anyway.

Share some of your feedback if you have purchased one also.

Nothing, a refurb is essentially a brand new machine that's been given a new top case and battery after having its box opened/returned.

They are no different than a new machine other than the box itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.