Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LauraGrubbe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Hi, I'm a uni student and I look for a cover that allows me to quickly open my computer and take notes at lectures without having to take my computer out of it like these:

515fgzrQfnL._SL1500_.jpg

51aMXM4szsL.jpg

I realise the ventilation might not be good enough but removing it from the case when I do heavier work won't be a problem.

I live in Denmark so it has to be able to ship here and as i said, I'm a student so I have a budget ;)

Hope you ca help, thanks!

Owh, and P.S. I'm not interested in those plastic covers you click on, I would prefer something leather-ish.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I realise the ventilation might not be good enough but removing it from the case when I do heavier work won't be a problem.
I wouldn't recommend operating your MBP in any case that blocks the vents. Why not just pull it out of a sleeve or case at the beginning of class, so you're ready to take notes?

LauraGrubbe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
I know what i want so I don't really need to hear any pros/cons, just where I can buy it ;) I'm well aware that it might limit the ventilation, hence why I said I would leave it in for note taking and take it out for heavier stuff, I'll keep an eye on the temp and atm note taking only reaches about 40C.

I do not want a sleeve because I already have one and I find the to be incredibly impractical. To have to slide it out and in again 6 times a day is fumbling and just asking for me to drop it. I only used it for a few weeks because of that.

Greg1fraser

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2014
inverness scotland
I know what i want so I don't really need to hear any pros/cons, just where I can buy it ;) I'm well aware that it might limit the ventilation, hence why I said I would leave it in for note taking and take it out for heavier stuff, I'll keep an eye on the temp and atm note taking only reaches about 40C.

I do not want a sleeve because I already have one and I find the to be incredibly impractical. To have to slide it out and in again 6 times a day is fumbling and just asking for me to drop it. I only used it for a few weeks because of that.

If you dont want to hear the pros/cons of it dont post in a forum best thing to do is use this http://www.google.com the top case is called a bookbook took 2 mins to search & find on http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/bookbook-for-macbook-air-retina

LauraGrubbe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
Greg1fraser I already know it's the bookbook from twelve south, I also know the price hence why I'm posting in here. I already know all the pros/cons as I said in my post I'm well aware of the ventilation but I've also read/watched pretty much every review out there and I know it's not a problem when doing stuff like taking notes. I'm writing in here because chances are there will be another mac user with a similar case and I'd like to know about it.

I make it very clear what kind of information I'm looking for so please don't come with this bs about me not knowing what I need to know and be asking for pros/cons without asking, I'm sick of it.

Just answer my question - where can I get a similar case and yes, I've been through all the 73 amazon pages and done countless of searches, I'm not a damn idiot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.