Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluewomble88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2009
I know the images are possibly fake and we should all "wait and see", but surely Apple can't be releasing a new iphone with "that" camera lens can they?

I was recently asking myself what Apple could possibly come up with that would make me get an Android or something similar. I couldn't think of a single thing. It seems Apple has definitely thought of something....

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I doubt Apple would allow that to happen in the final, consumer ready iPhone. That being said, September 9 isn't too far away. We'll see soon enough!

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
total non issue. cases will make the phone even and 90% of people use cases. hopefully the camera is a massive improvement tho.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like all we are getting is a steady influx of "protruding camera" and/or "antenna bands" (in addition to "5.5 inch iPhone 6 real or fake"), because somehow previous (only by days or so) threads about these topics are just not not cutting it.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Uh the latest specs show to be what less than half a millimeter? That seriously would bug you? lol you got problems if it does..

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Wouldn't surprise me if the iPhone does since no one really complained about the iPod touches protruding camera lens.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
Enough about the camera! What's so bad about the protruding camera? It's going to be resistible to scratches and a lot of you will have cases. Get over it; every phone has flaws.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
If it looks so bad then get a 6s. If it's in the design and really that awful then I'm sure they can figure out how to get rid of it for the next model.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Wait, wait... the camera sticks out?

:cool:

Seriously, though, if the final version has a protruding camera I can see lots of rage incoming by the general populous (who doesn't follow such rumors as religiously as we do).

:apple:

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Enough about the camera! What's so bad about the protruding camera? It's going to be resistible to scratches and a lot of you will have cases. Get over it; every phone has flaws.

You're calling it a flaw, maybe that's why people are commenting on it. If the spirit level is unaffected (not that sensitive anyway) and it doesn't wobble then I don't think it should matter.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
I doubt Apple would allow that to happen in the final, consumer ready iPhone. That being said, September 9 isn't too far away. We'll see soon enough!

Ya never know, they let it go on the iPod touch 5g :p I personally think that they would allow that camera protrusion because they've done it before, and no one had an "lensgate" Lol!

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
ipod-power-and-camera-1.jpg

ipod-touch-2012-10-09-600-17.jpg

Because Apple has never been known to release a product with a protruding camera.... :rolleyes:

juanrp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2014
Florida
Well, I think that if they want to go thin, they need to go as thin as their thickest component.

I'm looking at the bottom of my iPod and it's as thin as the headphone jack.
I think that if the camera component Is thick, then they should make their products as thin as the thickest component to avoid things sticking out.

It's never been a problem on my iPod when it had a case, almost 2 years ago.
I don't have a problem because I'll most likely be using some type of case for it.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Well, I think that if they want to go thin, they need to go as thin as their thickest component.

I'm looking at the bottom of my iPod and it's as thin as the headphone jack.
I think that if the camera component Is thick, then they should make their products as thin as the thickest component to avoid things sticking out.

It's never been a problem on my iPod when it had a case, almost 2 years ago.
I don't have a problem because I'll most likely be using some type of case for it.

I think in reality, less than 1% of potential iPhone customers care about a protruding lens. It becomes even less of an issue once your phone has a case on it. Steve Job even stated at the "Antennagate" keynote for iPhone 4, "Most people who come in to buy an iPhone also will buy a case for their iPhone."

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
total non issue. cases will make the phone even and 90% of people use cases.
surely you can back this up with scientific research data. ;)
i do not know a single person that has a case on their phone.

... This just inspired me to a thread :D

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Hope not that would suck...

If they did though they might as well go all out... You know while were at it:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83

bluewomble88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 9, 2009
total non issue. cases will make the phone even and 90% of people use cases. hopefully the camera is a massive improvement tho.

1/ 90%? According to whom?

2/ People shouldn't need a case to correct a protruding lens.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I don't like the protruding camera of iPod touch but is not a big deal, I won't renounce iPhone for this reason.
I would have sacrificed thinness for more battery life, without this protruding camera, but I'm afraid they're happy with current battery life, so they'll go thinner...

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Most Android phones have a protruding lens too, so switching to Android wouldn't help you much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.