Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I used the online site for the Apple recycle program for my old iPhone 4s and got the quote from PowerOn.
Has anyone who has done this recently know if I also have to send in the cable, power block and ear phones as well?
I can't find any info on their site about it.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I used the online site for the Apple recycle program for my old iPhone 4s and got the quote from PowerOn.
Has anyone who has done this recently know if I also have to send in the cable, power block and ear phones as well?
I can't find any info on their site about it.

Keep the earbuds but send in the power wart and lightning cable.

TruthWatcher412

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Does the recycle program worry about water damage? They don't ask about it at all, just if there are internals exposed and things. My phone works perfect but did get water damage and has a pink circle in the sim card slot now. Will they still accept it? Based on all the questions asked on the site, my phone matches the criteria of a working phone.

iPhone 5 32 GB

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Keep the earbuds but send in the power wart and lightning cable.

Thank you.

----------

Does the recycle program worry about water damage? They don't ask about it at all, just if there are internals exposed and things. My phone works perfect but did get water damage and has a pink circle in the sim card slot now. Will they still accept it? Based on all the questions asked on the site, my phone matches the criteria of a working phone.

iPhone 5 32 GB
I'm not sure.
I think you just enter what you believe the condition of it is and when they receive it and review, they will send you an email if they differ and whether you still want to accept their price. At least that is what Amazon does. I don't know about PowerOn but I would assume it's the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.