Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rodolfovz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2014
hi,im Rodolfo, from mexico,

im new to this forum, and i'd like to ask for the next things.

first, i have a iphone 5c on ios 7.1.1, i don want and i will not update to 7.1.2.

my question it's the next one,

how can i restore to the same ios version whitout upgrading. ? in case that i have to do it in the future.

i heard that i can do that with SHSH blobs. but i cant find any tutorials or guide to do that

. can some one tellme how to do that or , any information that can be usefull ..

thanks in advance.
and sorry for my bad english, its not my first lenguage.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
hi,im Rodolfo, from mexico,

im new to this forum, and i'd like to ask for the next things.

first, i have a iphone 5c on ios 7.1.1, i don want and i will not update to 7.1.2.

my question it's the next one,

how can i restore to the same ios version whitout upgrading. ? in case that i have to do it in the future.

i heard that i can do that with SHSH blobs. but i cant find any tutorials or guide to do that

. can some one tellme how to do that or , any information that can be usefull ..

thanks in advance.
and sorry for my bad english, its not my first lenguage.
You can't you can only restore to current firmware
Pretty sure shsh blobs havent worked in years now to downgrade

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
This question has been asked about a million times, you can't downgrade. There's no difference between 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 so it doesn't even matter.

rodolfovz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2014
This question has been asked about a million times, you can't downgrade. There's no difference between 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 so it doesn't even matter.

the point of this post its, how can i restore to the SAME ios (7.1.1) without updating. in case that y get stuck in dfu mode or something like that .

----------

You can't you can only restore to current firmware
Pretty sure shsh blobs havent worked in years now to downgrade

can you tellme or give me any link to where i can learn how to do it, ?

thanks

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
7.1.2 as far as I recall was just a security update and had little bearing on battery life etc. why so hesitant to update?

rodolfovz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2014
7.1.2 as far as I recall was just a security update and had little bearing on battery life etc. why so hesitant to update?

because i'm actually using a r-sim card to unlock an sprint iphone 5c, and this rsim does not work properly with the ios 7.1.2,

i buy the iphone legally form the original owner, when i was studying in texas.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Then you will need to buy a new R-SIM to work with the new update.

As already stated - you cannot restore to a previous version.

iOS 7 does NOT use SHSH blobs any more for authentication. So, even if you had complete blobs for your device (unlikely) you couldn't use them.

You are stuck and there is no way back. Any "videos" you find on the internet are only going to waste your time.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
the point of this post its, how can i restore to the SAME ios (7.1.1) without updating. in case that y get stuck in dfu mode or something like that .

----------

can you tellme or give me any link to where i can learn how to do it, ?

thanks

You can't. You can only install versions of iOS still being signed by Apple, which, at this point, is only 7.1.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.