Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MASTQ

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2014
I have a MacBook Pro 2006 and I want to wipe the memory. I erased memory but when I try to reinstall Mac OS X 10.7 It says "This ... is not available at this time" "Try again later" I am connected to Internet I tried different networks and different apple ID accounts and it still won't let me. I am stuck on the Mac Utilities screen and I can't access anything. PLEASE someone help me. Thankyou

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Did you download it first from the App Store and either create an install DVD or USB? Your 2006 MBP may not support downloading it from the install setup.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have a MacBook Pro 2006 and I want to wipe the memory. I erased memory but when I try to reinstall Mac OS X 10.7 It says "This ... is not available at this time" "Try again later" I am connected to Internet I tried different networks and different apple ID accounts and it still won't let me. I am stuck on the Mac Utilities screen and I can't access anything. PLEASE someone help me. Thankyou

It sounds like you are booted to the Lion recovery partition. When you get to that screen you will need to enter an AppleID that was used to purchase Lion. Did you previously purchase Lion with your AppleID?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.