Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jinuem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Erode
I am planning to buy iphone 5C from one of my friend's friend. but i suspicious that, the phone might be corporate supervised.
How to find, the phone is supervised by Mobile Device Management ? Is that problem in future if i buy such phone?

payne0391

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2013
I work in the IT department for our company and we use a MDM tool with our iPhones.

The phone should have some kind of profile installed on it which will allow the company to control it.

this is easy to check if you go to Settings>General and then under the VPN option you should see a Profiles option (note that if no Profile is installed then the Profiles setting wont show).

You can then just delete the profile from there by tapping remove but some companies set passwords so the user cant remove the profile only the admin can, if so just ask the guy to get it removed.

jinuem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Erode
I work in the IT department for our company and we use a MDM tool with our iPhones.

The phone should have some kind of profile installed on it which will allow the company to control it.

this is easy to check if you go to Settings>General and then under the VPN option you should see a Profiles option (note that if no Profile is installed then the Profiles setting wont show).

You can then just delete the profile from there by tapping remove but some companies set passwords so the user cant remove the profile only the admin can, if so just ask the guy to get it removed.

Thanks, Is there any other way to find it is supervised? Even though profile is removed, can my iphone will be locked?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.