Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Here is what I am trying to do.

I want to create a simple app with radio buttons on one side and writing on the other. So when you complete a task you click the radio button and a counter at the bottom would say 10% complete. Click another radio button and 20% complete etc. of course the percentage per question will change depending on how many there are. Does anyone have any advice for this simple idea? Not sure where to go!

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Actually I think I can manage that part, would it be possible if you typed in a phrase attached to one of the radio buttons in let's say another window, the radio button would automatically check itself rather then the user having to manually do it?

briloronmacrumo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2008
USA
More input required

Does anyone have any advice for this simple idea? Not sure where to go!
Unfortunately, there is not enough detail in your post to offer specific guidance. Are you a competent coder? If so, what languages? Are you only looking for help with the user interface ( such as the radio buttons and text field mentioned )? Are you planning to use Xcode and Objective-C? Have you tried building it? What were the results? Have you considered other design approaches?( radio buttons as described sound clunky - also radio buttons by design turn one button off when another is selected ). Is data collection required to save the results of the user interaction? Including more information in your post will likely generate more detailed, thoughtful and focused responses. General "help me" posts not so much.

There are lots of online videos:

This one is basic on both C and Objective-C(note: an older Xcode release but the code and ideas are still valid): https://buckysroom.org/videos.php?cat=33

This one starts with the basics and progresses to intermediate/advanced topics. He has videos for Cocoa, Objective-C and C. https://www.youtube.com/user/AppleProgramming/playlists

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.