Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thor774

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
This is maybe something small but it is annoying nevertheless .

Some of my iCloud contacts have the birthdays saved on the contact cards. I found today that one contact had its birthday wrong. After correcting this on the contact card on the iPhone I saw almost immediately that the birthday info changed on the iCloud's Birthday Calendar on iCal in the Mac and on iCloud's calendar on icloud.com.

The problem is that the Birthdays Calendar shown on ALL my iOS devices is not being updated. The old birthday info is still shown. Normal iCloud appointments in the calendar are being synced without any issue.

I have tried all these steps without any luck:

- Restarted the iDevice
- Refreshed the calendars by pulling down on the calendars list
- Deleted the birthday info on several contact cards to see if the changes were reflected on the calendar app. All the deleted dates were still showing up on the birthday calendar.
- Unchecked Calendar synchronization under iCloud settings choosing to delete all the info from the iPhone, restarted and enabled it again. What was very curious about this is that even when iCloud calendar sync had been disabled and that iCloud was not been shown anymore in the calendars lists on the app, Birthdays was still being shown under "Others" on the list and I could still activate it.

Does anyone know why this is happening? iCal in the Mac gets updated without problems as I told. Why are my iOS devices not being updated?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.